Saturday was my birthday and it was a great day. I got to spend it with two of my favorite people...my wonderful husband and my beautiful daughter! We went to see "Tangled" (Loved it!), went out to eat and saw the "Festival of Lights" in Spanish Fork. One of the best parts of the day was went Ross took care of Leah so I could have a baby-free nap! I also got lots of phone calls, texts, emails, cards and Facebook posts all wishing me a happy birthday. Thanks everyone!
Isn't she so cute!
Here I am with a couple of my gifts...
For the rest of this post I took an idea I got from my sister-in-law. Since I just turned 33, I decided to post 33 random things about me. If you want to know a little more about me, read on...
- I am the oldest of 5 children.
- I am the favorite grandchild (don't believe me? just ask my grandparents!).
- I'm also the favorite child (you could ask my parents, but they'll deny it because they don't want the others to feel bad).
- My favorite color is green.
- I love caramel. Caramel popcorn is a particular weakness of mine.
- I like to eat vegetables raw - not cooked.
- I do NOT eat seafood at all! (YUCK)
- My last name is my best friend's first name (just spelled different).
- Ross and I were set up on our first date by our bishop's wife and the 1st counselor's wife as part of our single ward's dating class.
- I played volleyball in high school, on a club team and for the College of Eastern Utah (CEU).
- I took dance lessons from the time I was 3 until I was 18.
- I was in the Acting Company in junior high (though now I wonder WHY?-I hate acting).
- I have read all the Harry Potter books at least once and have seen all but the latest movie.
- I have not read any of the Eclipse books. I have not seen any of the movies either. And I have absolutely no desire to!
- I love to put together puzzles.
- I have spent about half of my life living in blue houses.
- I do not like running.
- I love to travel - especially if it involves an airplane.
- Summer is my favorite season. I love it when it gets hot!
- My childhood nick names were Cyssi and Doodles.
- I love to watch "The Amazing Race."
- I love to play games.
- I have a bachelors degree from BYU.
- I like to watch "Wizards of Waverly Place."
- I like to watch shows on TLC especially "19 Kids and Counting."
- Worms freak me out!
- In junior high I took French classes. I learned Spanish in high school, sign language at CEU and Thai at BYU. Sadly, I'm not fluent in any of them.
- I have been using the same radio alarm clock since elementary school.
- My favorite ride at Disneyland is Splash Mountain.
- I would rather die of heat than freeze to death.
- I am a night person. I don't do mornings!
- I'm missing a permanent tooth (a genetic abnormality).
- I lived with my grandparents during my senior year of high school.
4 comments:
I am glad that you had a great day! You deserve it.
You are a fantastic person, I love ya and do miss you very much!
LOVED the list!!! I absolutely love reading those. I might have to steal the idea when my birthday rolls around. I'm sorry I missed your birthday! I'm glad you liked Tangled. I might have to buy that one!
Love the post. Have Mom make her caramelo corn for you, it rocks. I too hate everything eclipse, I LOVE seafood but never get it since Chris and Nate hate it, and I guess we'll never bond on an 8 mile run in the winter time
hey, i'm missing a couple permananet teeth too. funny, you don't meet many of us.
this was fun to read.
Post a Comment