Cheryl Edvalson is a long-time family friend who recently was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer. Her family put together a charity run to help supplement the expensive health care bills. (It is so sad that such life-saving/prolonging measures have to cost so much.)
So naturally, my family did what we could to help out. From what I heard, there were about 350 runners signed up to run/walk the race. There was a great turn out despite the weather. That morning was SOOO cold. There had been a lot of rain in the days before and even later that day, but that morning was dry. However the wind was biting cold. So me and my sisters and these two cuties spent as much time as possible inside a little building by the high school track where the race was held.

Here's Ross running toward the finish line. Since it was more for fun than competitive, Ross took it pretty easy with his run. But he still ended up coming in 4th overall.


My parents started out volunteering at the check-in station handing out t-shirts and wrist bands. Then after the race started, they walked the route with my brother, his wife and kids. We were a little worried about how they would do since they didn't do much training for race, but they made it back without any problems, but they were definitely sore and tired later that day.

Here's my brother nearing the end of the race.

This is where my sisters and I hung out. After my parents left, we took over for them in the check-in station. It was definitely much warmer in here.

This is how my brother walked most of the route. When my sister-in-law decided to run ahead, Kaylynn didn't like seeing her mommy running away and Marcus ended up carrying her most of the way to keep her happy. What a nice daddy!

Here's a couple more pictures of the cute babies we were trying to keep warm. What a ham!


Leah had a much harder time trying to stay happy in the cold. I think she's a little more like her parents and doesn't handle the cold very well. When we left she was really fussy. I thought it was because she was tired or didn't feel well. But when we got back to the warm house, she was all smiles and happy again
This is such a sad thing for the Edvalson/Peterson families to go through. Cheryl seems to be taking it all in stride and is a great example of "enduring it well." I'm glad we could be there this day to help her family feel our love and support.
2 comments:
What a great cause to run for! It was great to see you guys on Sunday...I wish there was more time to talk. Leah is so cute and seems like such a happy fun baby.
Love you guys!
I always enjoy running for a cause. Makes the miles seem more enjoyable. I hope treatments go well.
Post a Comment