Wednesday, June 8, 2011

3 Years and Counting...

On Monday, Ross and I celebrated our third anniversary. It was nice that Ross didn't have to work that day. He's helping with the summer speech program again, but it doesn't start until next week. Ross's mom was nice enough to come watch Leah so we could use our Seven Peaks passes. We figured that on a Monday afternoon that turned out to be cloudy wouldn't be too busy. Boy, were we wrong!!!

As it turns out, half the county population age 6-14 was also there that day (or so it seemed). I've never seen it so crowded there before. After going down one of the slides, we were both too cold to stand in line again. So we floated around the lazy river and hung out in the wave pool surrounded by tons of teeney-boppers. It was much warmer in the water. But before long that was too cold too, so we gave up and went home. Since we have season passes, we didn't feel like we had to stay all day to get our money's worth.

After we got cleaned up we took Leah and Ross's mom with us to dinner at a Thai restaurant. This was also the restaurant that we went to with my parents about three and a half years ago when Ross officially asked for my hand in marriage. The food was yummy and we even splurged for some mangoes and sticky rice for dessert (one of my favorites and SO good!).

Overall it was a really good day, mostly because Ross and I got to spend so much time together, something that doesn't happen as much these days.

These past three years have been some of the best in my life. I'm so glad that Ross and I found each other and I look forward to many more years (even eternity) together. I love you, Ross!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! It's a wonderful thing to celebrate your life, your journey together.