So we just went through another birthday season here in the Leslie home. This time I was the lucky recipient of the celebration. However, some NASTY colds viruses have invaded our home and made the celebrating a lot more low key this year. Poor Ross had a terrible cold that kept him from going to work for about a week (probably a record for him!) and my birthday was right in the middle of that. Luckily he was feeling a bit up to doing a few things.
On Saturday evening, we met Ross's mom at the IHOP near her house for breakfast for dinner (one of my favorite things). After that, we went to her house to watch the BYU vs Hawaii football game. By the end of the third quarter, it was clear that BYU was going to win so we drove over to Thanksgiving Point to drive through their Christmas light display. I sat in the back with Leah so I could get her out of her seat and let her see the lights as we slowly drove around. She loved seeing the lights and dancing to the holiday music!
On Sunday (my actual birthday) Ross still wasn't feeling great so he stayed home from church while Leah and I went. Leah went to her first week of nursery in our ward. I stayed with her during Sunday School time and then left her while I went to Young Womens. She was a little nervous when she could tell that I was going to leave, but I knew she would be fine. Once she gets used to it, I'm sure she'll really like nursery.After church we hung out at home and had dinner while we watched the First Presidency Christmas Devotional and then decorated our Christmas tree. I received many happy birthday wishes via Facebook, text and phone calls.
Then on Monday night my parents, sisters and niece (Baby J) came down to go out to dinner to celebrate. Here we are enjoying our meal at Applebee's.
I had to include this cute picture. Leah and Makynlee are so cute together and really like each other. After dinner Makynlee wanted to give Leah hugs. It was so cute I tried to get a picture of it. But when we told her to give Leah another hug, she decided to give her a big kiss instead. So funny!
Sometimes it seemed harder to have my birthday on a Sunday (especially with Ross not feeling well) because it seemed like there wasn't much much we could do. But really it was ok and we were able to spread out the celebrations over the weekend. The most important thing was that I was able to spend my birthday with my wonderful family, whom I am very grateful for. So happy birthday to me! Here's to another great year ahead!
No comments:
Post a Comment