On the first day of fall, Ross's mom invited us to join her on a drive up the canyon to a little hiking place called Cascade Springs. We were surprised at how much the leaves in the canyon had changed colors already. The mountainside was covered in vibrant reds, yellows and oranges. I forgot to bring our camera, so all I got were a few shots with my cell phone. So of course, the pictures do not do the beauty of the trees justice. Cascade Springs is located down at the bottom of a valley, so the colors there weren't quite as vibrant yet, but we still enjoyed a nice little hike.
Considering that Leah had only had about a 10 minute nap, she did pretty well on our hike. We brought a stroller to push her around in, but she didn't want much to do with it.
Then when she was walking down a steeper part of the trail, she tripped and fell. This sent her into meltdown mode and she was pretty whiny and grumpy the rest of the walk. I tried to get a picture of the two of us with my phone. But she was so grumpy that this was the best that I could get.
By far Leah's favorite part of the hike was stopping to look at all the "stop signs" as she called them. We had to stop at every little plaque along the trail so that she could touch the picture and pretend to read the words. Here she is checking out the big plaque at the end of our hike.
We weren't the only ones with the idea to drive up the canyon that day. The canyon was full of cars and people who came to see the colors also. Having so many cars share such a narrow winding road wasn't fun. But we were all still very glad we took the time to get out and see such a beautiful display in nature. I love living so close to mountains so we can enjoy them so easily!





1 comment:
Gorgeous. How I miss Fall in the mountains.
Post a Comment