I had a great birthday Friday. Thank you for the correspondence through email, text messages, phone calls, and cards. I really appreciate your thoughtfulness.
Actually, the birthday festivities lasted pretty much through the weekend. Thursday night Cyleste and I enjoyed my birthday meal together at Tucanos, the Brazilian meat place where they slice the meat right at your table. Keep the meat coming and we don't want the grilled vegetables or cod. They were offering a special, grilled salmon at no extra charge, which was very tasty and fresh. I'm part of the Tucanos birthday club, so my meal was free, and since we had money left on a gift card, Cyleste's meal was free as well. We only paid for the tip. Not a bad way to spend an evening.
Friday, was a really neat day at work. Several people and students at school wished me happy birthday and I received a huge mug with a can of root beer inside as a gift from the office staff. It was neat to see Leah when I returned home from work. She proudly declared that today is daddy's birthday and wanted me to see the "Happy Birthday" banner that Cyleste hung in the living room. Leah thought the banner said, "Happy Birthday, Leah." Cyleste's family came down to our house Friday afternoon before the BYU football game, and we ate pizza at our house and went to the game. (BYU beat Hawaii 47-0). Two of Cyleste's uncles and her cousin and his wife also came down for the game. After the game we enjoyed apple pie a la mode. I opened presents and cards after her family left, and I received a new white shirt for church, a BYU tee shirt that I wore to the game, a gift card to Tucanos from Cyleste's parents, and a check from mom.
Sunday, we went to mom's house for dinner, and spent the evening with her.
This was a great weekend and a very enjoyable time with family. Thanks again for your thoughts and wishes. Love to all.
Ross
No comments:
Post a Comment