Monday, December 10, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!

Last week we celebrated my birthday. It was a good day. Leah and I slept in even later than usual. We didn't have anything planned, but after we got up and got moving I decided we should do something fun for my birthday. So I took her over to the local mall for lunch in the food court and then let her ride some of the kiddie rides that I know she loves. I snapped this picture of us eating lunch. I love her big cheesy grin with a mouthful of food. What a cutie!
We sat and ate our lunch where we could watch the carousel. Leah could hardly sit still long enough to eat. She was so excited to go on the carousel. You can tell by the pictures that she was SO HAPPY to finally get to ride. Sheer delight!
 Then I let her ride a couple of the other kiddie rides. Here she is driving a train and a bus.
This is the cute message that my sweet husband left on the table for me. It made my day when I came downstairs and found it waiting for me!
 That evening Ross's mom came and watched Leah so Ross and I could enjoy a nice dinner out. We went to one of my favorite restaurants, The Olive Garden. There's not much better than a nice dinner full of yummy carbs! After that we went back to the house for presents and dessert. Leah was insistent on helping me open my present and cards.
And of course she helped me blow out my candles. These delicious chocolate cupcakes filled with caramel and topped with toffee bits and a caramel cream frosting were baked by my wonderful neighbor, Bonnie. Boy were they ever good!
Birthdays now seem a bit different than when I was a child. I used to get so excited for my birthday to come and to get a year older. Now the idea of getting a year older doesn't sound quite so exciting. But having so many people stop by, call, text, send cards, or leave messages on Facebook to wish me a happy birthday makes me feel special and makes getting older a little easier. Thanks to all my family and friends (especially my wonderful husband) for making 35 another great birthday!

1 comment:

Cindy Anderson said...

Sounds like you had a WONDERFUL day. :)