With Corbin still being so small, we kept Easter weekend fairly simple this year. But we still managed to do some fun things. On Friday we colored eggs. Leah was so excited for this. After I wrote on the eggs, I let her do all the coloring with some help getting the eggs in and out of the cups. She did manage to crack a few of them when she was dropping them in or pulling them out by herself. But the important thing is that she had a lot of fun. By the end, her hand was turning black from all the egg dye.
Saturday morning Ross and Leah went to our niece, Alex's, baptism and then to a little luncheon at Stuart and Cristina's house. They had a good time and Leah loved the white helium balloon that they let her bring home.
After that, they went to the Miller's house for a little Easter egg hunt. Leah came home with plenty of candy and even a few dollars and coins.
Sunday morning we got up and went to church. This was the first time that the kids and I had gone since Corbin was born. I was a little worried about trying to have all three of us ready by 9:00 am. But fortunately Ross had less meetings that morning and was able to come home and help. It was so nice to get to go back to church especially since it was Easter. The spirit I felt from the message of the music that day was especially strong!
After church, Ross had to stay to take care of bishopric stuff. So I took some pictures of the kids with their Easter stuff and then took them outside to enjoy the beautiful weather. When Ross got home, we packed up some stuff and drove to my parents' house for Easter dinner and then stayed a couple days for spring break. This was Corbin's first long car ride and over-night stay. I was a little worried about how he would do. But overall, I'd say things went pretty well.
It seems like I didn't do a lot of the traditional Easter stuff that I enjoy doing with family each year. But one of my favorite things about Easter this year was teaching Leah about the true meaning of Easter. We had many discussions about Jesus Christ's death and resurrection. She loved talking about it and wanted to hear the story over and over. We even enjoyed looking at pictures and watching some videos on lds.org together. When we would ask Leah what Easter was about, she could tell us it was about Jesus. I love being able to teach such important gospel truths to my children. My hope and prayer is that my children will grow up to have strong testimonies of the gospel of Jesus Christ!





1 comment:
Looks like you have a fun-filled easter!
Post a Comment