Thursday, October 9, 2014

Labor Day

For Labor Day this year, we wanted to do a little hiking. So we decided to take the kids to Bridal Veil Falls since we knew that it would be a very simple hike and that the kids would enjoy playing in the water. 

What we didn't realize was that everyone else would have the same idea. The parking lot was so crowded, we had a hard time finding a place to park. And there were people everywhere at the bottom of the falls. But despite that, we still had a great time. 

Leah especially enjoyed playing in the water. She was a little unsure at first, but before long she was jumping from rock to rock all over the place. Corbin liked the water a little bit, but it was really cold. So he didn't spend much time in it. 
Leah and I hiked a little bit up the waterfall. She thought that was pretty fun and enjoyed climbing up and down all over the rocks, until she hit a slick spot and slid on her bottom. After that she wasn't too happy about climbing around. 
After leaving the canyon, we decided to stop at one of our favorite spots, Provo Beach Resort. The kids loved being able to play on the little playground.
And no trip to the Provo Beach Resort would be complete without getting some ice cream and taking a ride on the carousel. 
One the way home, we stopped at Del Taco for dinner. Leah loves to eat there. And Ross and I don't mind it because we can all get full for pretty cheap.

So overall, not too exciting of a Labor Day for us. But the important thing is that we enjoyed spending the day together and our kids had a great time doing some of their favorite activities.

1 comment:

Cindy Anderson said...

I hadn't visited your blog for a while, and I had a lot of catching up to do! :) I love how you consistently keep a blog, and I love checking in on your happenings! :)