Monday, March 14, 2016

June 2015

I've said it before and I'll say it again, June is probably my favorite month. The weather is warm, the days are long, and school is out. It is just a relaxing, fun month. 

We started out the month celebrating 7 years of marriage. We couldn't decide just what to do to celebrate. So we took the kids to my parents' house and asked for suggestions of something to do (that would allow Paige to tag along also). They suggested seeing the movie The Cokeville Miracle. We couldn't think of anything else, so we decided to give it a try. We were both surprised at how much we actually liked the movie. It was very intense at times, but had a great message and really got us both thinking. So we were glad we had decided to see it. Afterwards we went out for dinner at The Olive Garden. I always love going out to eat. And the best part was that Paige slept all through dinner, so I was able to just enjoy eating my dinner and talking to Ross without interruptions (a very rare occurrence!)

Here's some of the other highlights from the month of June:

Of course we loved watching this little face grow and get more and more cute each day (if that's possible). 
Corbin loves to climb to the front of the van to play with all the buttons and knobs and to pretend that he is driving.
We enjoyed an outing to the park with some neighborhood friends. Corbin likes the swing as long as it doesn't go too high or fast and he likes it best if I am holding on to his hand so he doesn't feel like he'll fall off. Leah must have been running around with her friends because I don't have any pictures of her from that day. Here's Paige enjoying a nice warm afternoon in the stroller.
Here's Ross and the kids being silly one night.

This kid only passes out like this when he is really tired.
We went to the splash pad to play one day after Corbin's tumbling class. We weren't planning on it, so we didn't have swim suits with us, but that didn't stop Leah from getting in the water to cool off and have some fun. 
On one of Ross's days off, we decided to take a little hike up to Bridal Veil Falls. When we first got there, it started to rain. And it didn't look like it was going to quit anytime soon. So we drove back down the canyon and found somewhere to eat. By this time, the rain was pouring down and we had to dodge huge puddles as we ran through the rain into the restaurant. But while we were eating, the rain subsided and we decided to try going up the canyon again. This time the weather was fine and we enjoyed some time up in the mountains. Leah especially enjoyed exploring around at the bottom of the falls. She wasn't afraid to take her shoes off and climb all over the rocks and logs.
Here's a couple selfie shots looking up at the falls. It did rain a bit more while we were there, but the kids didn't complain. This was a fun little family outing. 
Here's a couple fun little snap shots. The one of Paige was taken early in the morning. I hate being up early, but smiles like this make it bearable. 
My boy and his hat! What a goofy kid! I love him!
For the first and last time, Corbin and Leah were able to go to the MOA art class together, both as participants. The exhibit they were focusing on was all about origami. Leah loved art class and will be very sad that that she is now too old to participate. Corbin is still a little too young to appreciate it, but still did pretty well. They gave the kids fans to play with for a little while. Here they are having fun with them.
The kids found a Christmas popcorn tin and decided that it made a great drum one day. They had a great time banging on it at loud as they could. I enjoyed watching them have so much fun. But after a while, it was just too noisy and I made them put the wooden spoons back away.
Here's some proof that I am a "mean mom" sometimes. Leah did something that got her in a lot of trouble. I really don't remember what she did, but it was bad enough that I felt it warranted a punishment. So after talking about what she did wrong, I let her choose what she thought would be a good punishment. She thought about it for a little and decided that she would be willing to mop the floors. This wasn't exactly what I had in mind. And I was a little hesitant to go along with it knowing that a project like that would require a lot of supervision and could end up being more work for me. But in the end, I agreed because our floors really needed it anyway. She wasn't too happy that I made her do it to my standards instead of just setting her loose with the mop. And in the end she ended up appreciating that a job like that is hard work. But overall, she did a pretty good job and hopefully a lesson was learned.
It is not very often that Leah takes a nap. But when she does, she usually passes out like this. (And no this wasn't taken right after she finished mopping.)

One night after mutual, Ross brought home some leftover fudge ice cream bars. They were a little melty, but the kids still loved them!
Every once in a while the kids will sit quietly together. On this particular day, Corbin snuggled up to Leah and fell asleep. I thought it was too cute not to get a picture of it.
And here's the cutie cudding on my lap at the time.
More pictures of our cute baby!
Leah wanted a picture of this pink hair clip in her hair. 

And at the end of June our precious little girl turned 3 months old. She is a cuddly little girl who has a cute smile. We love her lots!

No comments: