Thursday, April 27, 2017

November 2015

November 2015 at the Leslie house was a much quieter month. We had no where near at many things going on as we did in October. Which is okay. Sometimes you need a little more down time. 

Here's a picture I snapped of Paige after she got a hold of a pen and tried to eat it. With your first child you would probably panic a little more and maybe think about calling poison control. But when it happens to your third child, you just chuckle and take a picture. 
 
Leah had a fun project for school where she had to work with her family to come up with a disguise for a turkey so that he would be safe for Thanksgiving. Leah wanted to make him look like her favorite My Little Pony character, Rainbow Dash. So I designed some wings, tail, and hair, changed the eye a little, and drew in her rainbow cutie mark. Leah colored and cut out everything and then we helped her glue it all together on the background she choose. She was so happy with how it turned out!

I love this picture of Corbin! He had a great time putting on all of Leah's jewelry. I thought it was so funny, so I had to get a picture. I'm pretty sure this was not the first or the last time he did this. It is one of the casualties of being sandwiched between two sisters! I sent this picture to my two brothers because I'm sure they could totally relate.
On November 10th we had our first snowstorm. There wasn't much snow and I don't think it stuck around very long, but the kids were sure to rush out and play in it while it lasted. 
 
 
On the 14th I got together with some of my extended Tucker family for a girls craft night. Leah and Makynlee found this little spot in the kitchen where they could hide out together and do some painting. Good times were had by all. 
Just can't resist taking pictures of this cute little face!

On Saturday the 21st, Leah had her first ever piano recital. She played two songs from her little piano book, "Yankee Doodle," and "Christmas Trees." She was super nervous and wouldn't play until I sat on the bench next to her. But she did a great job. I really think that she could have a real talent for the piano. I just hope I can get her to stick with it (she hates practicing). Here's a picture of her with her piano teacher, Tyler Blevins. He has done a great job helping Leah build a music foundation.
 
 
Leah's class celebrated Thanksgiving by dressing up like pilgrims. Leah came home from school wearing her cute little pilgrim hat, so I had to get a picture. 

Not to be outdone, here's a picture of Corbin in a headdress of his own! Funny kid! He cracks me up. 
 
 
On Thanksgiving Day we went to Ross's mom's house for Thanksgiving dinner. While we were there I was feeding Paige in the other room and afterwards we were playing and she posed for some cute pictures. She's getting to have quite the personality and you can see a little of it in these pictures. And you've got to love that adorable smile and beautiful blue eyes. 
 
 
 
 
After dinner, we stayed the night so we could have more fun at Grandma's house for the holiday. These kids love being able to stay at their Grandma's house. Here they are pretending to sleep on one of the guest beds. 
 
The Saturday after Thanksgiving is always the Putnam family Christmas party. Here's a great picture of my Grandma and Grandpa Putnam. It always warms my heart that these two got to be together for so long. Grandpa's health still wasn't the greatest. You can see that he is on oxygen and came in his pajama bottoms so he could be more comfortable. But at least he was there. Love these two so much!

Couldn't resist getting a picture of this cutie while we were waiting to eat!
 
Thanksgiving weekend is always full of so much fun that it exhausts our kids. And if they sit still for too long, this is what happens! Poor Corbin couldn't even stay awake long enough to get something to eat. 
 
 
And Leah's exhaustion finally set in while waiting for Santa to make his arrival. I swear she falls asleep just before Santa arrives every year!
 
 
 
 
I love this picture of my niece, Braylee! She was super excited to get to sit on Santa's lap!
 
And here's some pictures of the kids opening their gifts they got after sitting on Santa's lap. 
 
Pretty sure this was Paige's first present opening experience. She wasn't really sure what she was supposed to do. Luckily her big sister was more than happy to step in and help her out some. 
 
 
 
 
Here's a picture of some the great grandkids sitting with Grandpa, Grandma, and Santa to sing some songs together. And here's my grandparents with six of their seven children. My aunt Bev moved to Hawaii and couldn't travel that far for the Christmas party. 
 
 
After Santa, it was time for the pinata! Corbin was a little unsure about participating, but Leah was thrilled at a chance to get up there and whack at it. 
 
 
For the past few years we have had a tradition with this turkey I made where each day in November we write things we are thankful for on the feathers and fill up his tail day by day. This year we decided to share someone we were thankful for and why each day. Some of the people included our immediately family members, extended family, grandparents, neighbors and lots of friends. I choose to do it this way in hopes that we could realize just how many great people we have in our lives. 

I thought it was interesting that looking back at Leah's feathers I noticed that almost all her reasons for being thankful for her people was some variation of "because they play with me." She is such a socially driven girl. She loves to play with others. 

One of Leah's gifts from sitting on Santa's lap was a puzzle. This girl loves to do puzzles and made sure she got a picture with her puzzle after she put it together for the first time. And of course Corbin wanted to get in on the picture action too. 
 
 
On November 30th this adorable little girl turned 8 months old!!!
 
Paige is such a sweet, happy little baby! She is a great addition to our family. Her brother and sister adore her. And we are so glad that she is ours!!!
 
 

No comments: