Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Leah @ 1 Month & Heber Valley Girls Camp

My how time flies! Leah turned one month old last Friday. Here are a couple of pictures I took of her that day. Here she is with the blanket I made for her and her first Elmo doll that her Grandpa Tucker gave her. Despite what it may seem from these pictures, she is actually getting to be more alert now. Although people don't believe us because she usually just sleeps when we take her places. Just come to our house anywhere from about 9 to 11 in the evening (or later) and you'll see a very alert baby! Here I've caught her in the middle of a yawn. I tried to take more pictures after this one, but she woke up and was too fussy for more. That same day we had been invited to go with the Turner family to the Heber Valley Girls Camp. This is a very nice camping facility that the LDS Church uses for girls camp during the week and lets families or other groups use on Fridays and Saturdays. Since Leah is still so young, we only went up for the day. But we still had a good time.
They had several Challenge Courses that groups could complete. In this challenge, the group had to get from the "boat" to the "island" using a rope to cross the "shark infested waters." The rope was hanging from two trees above the water. So first you had to figure out how to safely get the rope and then everyone had to swing across.
This picture is kind of funny because if you look closely you can see that they have a hold on Ross's feet and his arms and head are hovering over the "shark area."
Here is Ross swinging to safety.
They also had a zip line challenge. We ran out of time, so Ross didn't get to do this one. But I thought it looked like fun. Here I am all geared up to go.
To get to the zip line, you had to climb a cargo net and then walk across a rope bridge with the boards being about 12-18 inches apart. It was about 30 feet in the air, but the height didn't really bother me because they had you harnessed to a rope that was hooked to a cable. I didn't get nervous until it was time to step off the platform to go down the zip line. Suddenly it seemed a lot higher than I really was. But I jumped off anyway and zipped down the cable. It was a lot of fun.
Here I am on the platform getting ready to jump.
And here I am zipping down the line.
It was a beautiful day to be up in the mountains and we were really glad that the Turners invited us to spend that time with them. Thank you Turners!
That night when we got home wasn't as fun. Leah had been wrapped up and held most of the day to protect her from the sun and wind. Consequently, she slept most of the day. So when we got home she was wide awake and didn't want to go to sleep. When we finally got her to sleep, she got fussy whenever we put her down. I think she got too much air from the wind. So it was a rather rough night with a lot of interrupted sleep. But she is so sweet and cute that we won't hold it against her.

1 comment:

Stephanie Salmon said...

Cute post! Geez, she has the most adorable little outfits. I want to see her again!