
Look at our cute little girl! She is getting so big! I can't believe she is 8 months old now. She is getting to be so fun and full of personality. And she is learning more and more each day.


Here's a little about what she is up to lately...
Leah loves to be on the move. I used to be able to sit her down and she would be stuck in one place to play unless she fell over. Now, when I put her down, she has figured out how to get onto her stomach and starts rolling all over to get to where she wants to be.

Don't let this innocent little face fool you. She has already figured out how to get into things she is not supposed to. I caught her one day last week getting into the entertainment center. I thought it was fun to watch her figure this out, so I had to get some pictures.

This actually wasn't her first time. You can see a pillow in the lower left side of the picture. I had put the pillow in front of the doors to keep her from trying to open the doors, but obviously it didn't deter her very well. She just moved it out of the way. I have since found something more sturdy to place in front of the doors to keep her out.

She isn't quite crawling yet, but she is getting really close. So far all of her crawling is done in reverse, which really frustrates her. It is kind of funny to watch her moving backwards and then fuss because it is not getting her where she wants to be. I probably shouldn't laugh, but I do. She also does this funny thing where she arches herself up on her hands and toes. I took this picture of her doing it, but it looks more like she is doing push ups. Ross was saying tonight that it always amazes him to watch her develop and just naturally move from stage to stage as she figures how to do things. Isn't wonderful to watch these little ones grow up!

Our little one doesn't have any teeth yet. She loves to chomp on my fingers lately and I keep expecting them to pop in any day now, but nothing yet. However, since I'm still nursing her, I'm not too sad that she doesn't have teeth. They will come when they come.

Leah is such a happy girl who smiles a lot. Socially, she is a lot like Ross and I. When we take her out where there are a lot of people, she's usually quiet and just watches everyone and takes it all in. Once she feels comfortable, she will start to play more and make more noise.
But when we are home, it is a different story. This girl loves to hear her own voice. She loves to scream and squeal as loud as she can, just to hear herself do it. She loves to see herself in mirrors and look at pictures of herself on our phones and lap top. Some times she gets all hyper and silly. The other night she discoverd the joy of really splashing in the tub. She was really getting into it. When she's in these kinds of moods, Ross and I will often call her "Crazy Baby." Such a cutie!
Leah loves to eat and so far is a really good eater. Her newest trick is that she likes to drink water from a cup after she eats. Here she is playing with her sippy cup. But don't let this picture fool you. She really is just playing. So far she will only drink if I help her do it with out the lid on.

Another name we have for her is "Our Fuzzy Hair Baby." Her hair is just long enough that it will stick up all over if we don't wet it down (several times a day). Here is a fun picture I took of her crazy hair after she had her coat on. Funny!

This girl will grab just about anything she can get her hands on. One of her funny fetishes is that she loves tags. If something has a tag on it, she will find it and usually ends up with it in her mouth. I don't know what it is, but she loves them.

One more fun thing about Leah...She likes to watch Elmo. So one day I was looking for videos of him online for her to watch and came across this video of the Elmo Duck Song. When I played it for her, she loved it! So I have since added it to my list of "Favorites" so I can find it easily since she probably watches it nearly everyday. She knows it when it comes on and she gets all excited and smiles and laughs. If you're an Elmo fan, here's the link...otherwise, don't worry about watching it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LEYwoooVfw
She is definitely our little Princess. We love her SO much!!
1 comment:
Sadly I haven't even met the munchkin. I appreciate the upper body/ab strength it takes to hold that push-up position. That's quite difficult though I do weigh more then her.
Post a Comment