Monday, May 2, 2011

Easter 2011

The Leslies had a fun Easter weekend. I still feel like it snuck up on us and disappeared way too fast. It was fun to put a little Easter basket together for Leah. I kept it pretty low key. I mostly wanted to get her some much needed clothes. The poor girl is still wearing some 3-6 month clothes. (At least they can still somewhat fit her!) So I found this cute dress and summer outfit.  I don't think Leah really knew what was going on with the Easter baskets Sunday morning, but she still humored her mommy by posing for a cute picture.
Here she is checking out the new things in her basket...
On Saturday, we went to Ross's mom's house for a fun Easter/Mom's birthday/spring clean-up family get together. The kids got to go on a little Easter egg hunt in the yard. It was Leah's nap time and overall she wasn't all that interested in finding eggs, but we did get a few pictures of her first Easter egg hunt...
You can't tell in this picture, but she wasn't at all happy to be set down on the grass. She is not a fan of the grass at all yet. She was definitely a tired little girl.
Here's a little sign of excitement in her. Maybe next year she'll be more into finding eggs. But I still think she's a cutie even when she approaches meltdown.
On Sunday, we went to my parents house for Easter dinner. My parents also had a little egg hunt for the four grandkids that were there. Leah was a little more happy this time, but still uninterested in finding eggs. But that's ok because it meant that Cameron got to find all her eggs for her, which he was more than happy to do.
Easter is always a great time of year to celebrate the coming of spring (which we are still waiting for weather-wise). But more importantly, it is a great time to reflect on the life, Atonement, death and resurrection of our Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ. I am so thankful for my knowledge and testimony of Jesus Christ and his gospel, for the beautiful plan of salvation and for the eternal families that it makes possible.

Happy 1st Easter baby girl, we love you!

No comments: