Ever since we moved into our house over three years ago, Ross and I have talked about how we needed to get new blinds. They were old, worn out and getting really brittle and hard to clean. They looked terrible and pieces were falling out a lot. But it wasn't a huge priority so we just never got around to it.
Well, as Leah has gotten bigger and started walking and climbing, one of her favorite things has been the blinds. They come down right to her level, so she loved to grab them and bang them around. Needless to say, this didn't help our" falling apart blind" situation.
Then one day back at the beginning of the summer, Leah had grabbed the blinds yet again. In an attempt to stop her, Ross tried to pull the cord on the blinds to lift them up out of her reach. As he did, the whole set of blinds came crashing down on Ross and Leah. Neither was hurt (I actually thought it was rather comical at the time, but I knew enough not to laugh just then), but the blinds definitely didn't fare too well from the accident as you can see from the picture below...
But I'm happy to report that at the end of September, we FINALLY went out and bought new blinds for six of our windows (including the poor window above that was definitely the worst looking)! And last week while Ross was off for Fall Break, we finally installed the last two sets in our upstairs windows. They look SO much nicer now. I'm sure you (and our poor neighbors who had to bare looking at them too) will agree...
1 comment:
They do look great! I'm glad you got them. Our townhome could probably use some too on a few windows but too late now. :) Miss you guys.
Post a Comment