Last week Ross and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary. It was on a Wednesday, so it was harder to do too much. But we still had a good time. We dropped Leah off with her Grandma Leslie and then went out to dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. We've wanted to go there for a while, but it is always so busy that we haven't bothered. However, going on a Wednesday evening was a good idea because we waited for a minute or less to be seated.
The food was good. We both took half our dinner home to finish later. And I of course got the Dulce de Leche Cheesecake, which I enjoyed over the course of the next several days.
The week before, we did get to spend two nights without Leah. So that was like a pre-anniversary treat. We dropped Leah off at my parents' house, went to a Bees baseball game, and then left the next morning to take the young women in our ward to their camp kick-off overnighter.
Our June has been crazy and full so far. We've done enough things to fill a whole month and it's only half over. There were even some things we didn't do. Plus, we still have a lot left for the rest of the month.
So far this month we :
- Went with the young women on their camp kick-off overnighter
- Had Ross's mom over for dinner
- Had dentist appointments - we even took Leah for her firsts dentist "experience"
- Attended a funeral for a family friend, Cheryl Edvalson
- Celebrated our anniversary
- Went to a dance recital
- Went camping at Heber Valley Girls Camp for our Tucker family reunion
- Went to a birthday party
- Tried to have an Elder's Quorum BBQ (it had to be postponed because of weather)
- Had dinner with the Millers
- Prepared like crazy for girls camp
- Plus we also had all our usual Young Women and Elders Quorum meetings and responsibilities
I wish I had gotten more pictures from our adventures, especially from our family reunion. Oh well, I guess. I did get a few pictures from the dance recital Leah and I went to. Some of the dancers included my two sisters, my niece, my cousin and three of Lesley's nieces. Leah loved watching the girls dance on the stage. Her and Kynee even danced danced with them in their seats. But by the end, both of them were done sitting for so long and just wanted to run around.
Here's a picture of my sisters and my cousin performing their trio dance. They did a great job!
Here's my niece, Megan. Isn't she a doll!?! This was her first year of dance lessons. She had a lot of fun and also did a great job!
Here's to hoping that we survive the rest of our busy June!
1 comment:
Hard to believe it's been 4 years since I froze my butt off in Utah taking pictures. :)
Post a Comment