Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Big News at the Leslie House

Now that word is starting to spread, I'm finally posting about our big news around the Leslie household. This picture is how we shared the news of our next little one with our parents and other family members.

I'm glad the first trimester is over. I often felt nauseous, but luckily never threw up. The hardest part was the food aversions. Very few things sounded good to eat. Foods that I loved, I couldn't handle even the thought of eating. Even water was hard to handle. I was also very tired during the day and had little motivation to do much of anything. Despite the great weather, poor Leah was stuck inside with me most days while we just hung out in our PJ's watching TV. But we survived and I'm feeling much better. I have more energy and a much better appetite now.

We have reached the 20 week mark. I'm starting to feel the baby move more and next week we get to find out if Leah will be getting a little brother or little sister!

The other big news for our family is that about a month ago our bishopric was reorganized and Ross was called to be the 1st Counselor. He is serving with two great men, Bishop McGriff and Brother Gorski. We're looking forward to getting to know these men and their families better.

However, our feelings about this news are a little more mixed than our news about our new baby. We are excited for the chance to get to know more people in our ward better, but the demand on our family's time and the weightiness of the mantle of responsibility is a little daunting (especially for Ross). Luckily we have a great ward with many people who are willing and have already helped us out with Leah so that we can take care of our church responsibilities. I'm sure when the baby comes, there will also be many hands ready to hold a fussy baby or entertain a restless toddler.

So often, daily life with the Leslies seems "same old, same old" and even with these new big adventures it still seems that way most days. But I know that as these big changes come about (and others that the future holds) that the Lord will continue to take care of us and that the new "craziness" will just evolve into the norm like it always does.

3 comments:

Stephanie Salmon said...

Oh my gosh congratulations!! That is so exciting. Half way there already. Can't wait to find out the gender! Are you even showing? Haven't noticed in any pictures.

Jena said...

YAY!!!!! Congratulations!! Oh that's so so so much fun. I'll be home all day next year so send em on over if it helps!!

I'm so excited for you!

Cindy Anderson said...

CONGRATS!!!! What great news. :)