Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween 2012

I always forget how much I like Halloween until it actually gets here and we get to do all the fun Halloween things. This year was no exception. Here's a summary of the fun things we did!

I don't have any pictures from it, but Leah did get invited to a Halloween themed birthday party for our neighbors' little girl, Millie. Her mom had planned lots of fun activities and the kids had a great time. They especially loved playing with the big bowl of dry black beans and other little objects that they could scoop and pour into jars and cupcake tins. They also enjoyed dancing to "Ghostbusters" with the black light.

The Saturday before Halloween, Leah and I went trick-or-treating at the zoo with Lyndsee and Kynee. We also brought our nephew Carson. The zoo was crazy busy with tons of people. We didn't get to see many animals and the kids didn't really get that much candy. But the important thing was that they had a great time.
When Leah saw the carousal, all she wanted to do was go get on it. But we had to wait for the others to eat their lunch. So by the time she actually got to ride it, she was beyond excited. Look at this big grin she had when she finally got to get on the kangaroo she choose to ride.

If you are familiar with the show "Little Einsteins," then you might know the little girl, "June" who loves to dance. That was what Kynee choose to be for Halloween. So Lyndsee turned her wagon into "Rocket" and we used it to pull the little girls all over the zoo. They loved riding around in Rocket! 
On Sunday we were all home for the evening, so we decided to carve our pumpkins. These two are so cheesy sometimes. I love them!
Leah of course had a great time scooping out the pumpkins, but if you look closely at the picture, you might notice that her previously cleaned out pumpkin is more full of seeds than the blue bowl. She made a mess, but I didn't care as long as it kept her entertained while we were carving. She also couldn't resist tasting the pumpkin guts and informed us several times that they tasted "funny."

After hours of working on the pumpkins we realized that we may have been a little too ambitious when picking our designs. Our carving project carried over into Monday night as well. Ross and I each worked about 4-6 hours on these silly things. But in the end, we were both happy with how they turned out!
On Tuesday, we had our annual Halloween Carnival hosted by the young women and young men in our ward. This is my favorite activity to do with the youth each year. Here are my cute Beehives! I love these girls and they did a great job with their cupcake/cookie walk and "mystery-goo" boxes.
Of course Ross brought Leah over to join in the fun and you can tell by the smile on her face that she was excited to be there.
She especially loved the bounce house! It took up a lot of room in our little gym, but it was a great hit with the kids.
I made sure I got a picture of Leah with my wonderful friend and Young Women President, Janice! We're going to miss her and Debbie so much when they move!

Leah enjoyed the games. Here she is bowling and walking around the pictures for the cupcake walk.
And here's Leah with her buddy, Riley. He is so sweet with her and loves it when she sits with him at church.
On the day of Halloween, I took Leah to run errands and decided to stop my my old work to visit and show off Leah. Everyone was excited to see how big she had gotten and also commented on how cute she was. It was fun to see those people I loved working with and still admire.

Here's our little "Abby Cadabby" all ready for trick-or-treating!
After trick-or-treating, we went to visit the Millers. They are so good to us! It is always a treat to see them. By the end of the night, we were ready for Halloween to be over. We had a great time, but I'm glad it only comes once a year!

Ross and I did a couple other fun things to celebrate the Halloween season. We got to go a local play production of the murder mystery "The Mousetrap," by Agatha Christie. And we had a fun "How to Host a Murder" party. The theme was "Roman Ruins." So we all got to dress up in togas and such. We had a great time getting to know some of the couples in our ward better. I want to do another one in a couple months so we can invite some more of the great couples in our ward.

2 comments:

The Otis Family said...

I love how much fun you had for Halloween. You make it seem so much fun. I hate trying to find a costume or make one. My brain just isn't creative like that.

Cindy Anderson said...

What a great Halloween you had! Leah is definitely one little cute girl!