Thursday, May 2, 2013

Corbin's Blessing

We had a great weekend celebrating Corbin's baby blessing. On Saturday evening we invited family to our church for a yummy Cafe Rio style dinner. I was a little nervous trying a few of the recipes for the first time. The sweet pork turned out great (except for the pieces of meat that burned while cooking in the oven). The lime rice turned out a little mushy, but tasted ok. And the tomatillo dressing was pretty good too. Some of the other yummy foods from the dinner included Norma's guacamole and the black and pinto beans the Miller family made. I also loved all the cookies people brought for dessert!

That evening I took a picture of Corbin with his baby boy cousins that were there. I wanted this picture because of how small Corbin is compared to these boys. Seth (far left) was born at the end of January, McCoy (in the light blue) was born at the end of December and Jackson (next to Corbin) was born about a week after Corbin. All three of these boys are tipping the scale at 12-15 pounds and little Corbin has only reached the 9 pound range. I guess we just grow them small at our house!
We had church bright and early at 9:00 Sunday morning. Ross has bishopric meetings that morning, and it was hard to get up early enough to get myself and both kids ready in time to get to the church early. There were two other baby blessings that day and I knew the chapel would be very crowded. We were fortunate to have a lot of family members come to support us that morning. This picture doesn't even show everyone that was there. Some of them had to leave before it was taken.
I love that Ross holds and honors the Priesthood. He did a great job with the blessing. He said his legs were shaking through the whole prayer, but those of us listening couldn't tell at all. I hope and pray that Corbin can grow up to be a worthy Priesthood holder like these great men that surrounded him that day.

And I'm so grateful that my grandparents could be there with us this weekend. Not many babies get to have their 94-year-old Great Grandpa stand in for their baby blessing.
I love this picture of Ross and Corbin. I like seeing this father and son together in their Sunday best.
I love my little family! I feel like Heavenly Father has blessed me more than I deserve.
The next day, I dressed Corbin up again in his blessing clothes so I could get some pictures of just him. Here are some of my favorites. (By the way, the beautiful blanket was made for Corbin by my mom.)
Baby fingers and toes are so precious!
Can't get enough of this little guy! I love him so much!
Corbin is such a blessing to our family already. It will be exciting to watch him grow up and see all the great things our Heavenly Father has in store for him. I hope he will be a great force for good in this world of turmoil. Corbin was born in the mist of so many other baby boys that I can't help but think that Heavenly Father is sending a surge of righteous soldiers to stand strong in the fight against evil in these latter days.

No comments: