Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Mother's Day

Our May has been rather eventful, so I have a lot of catching up to do on my posts. So I'm going to start with Mother's Day weekend. This was a great weekend for me. On Saturday morning I was treated to a yummy breakfast in bed from Ross and Leah. They made me bacon and french toast with strawberries and cream.
Afterwards, we went to see a baseball game at BYU, but ended up at the BYU vs Utah softball game. The weather was beautiful and Leah was so good to just sit and watch the game. It was fun to get out to a game together, it made me excited for baseball season. Saturday evening, we went with some friends out for some delicious pizza. On Sunday morning I enjoyed going to church. And later we went to my parents' house to have Sunday dinner with my mom. While we were there, my sister Melyssa gave me a great foot massage and pedicure. I had such a good weekend. I felt really appreciated for all I do as a mother and I also got to spend some time with my own wonderful mother. And I was able to reflect on the influence of other great women in my life.

But my great weekend came to a screeching halt when we got home from my parents' house that night. Upon walking in the house, we found water dripping from the ceiling and pooling on the dining room table and the carpet all around our hot water heater closet was soaked. We traced the source of the water to the upstairs toilet. The upstairs bathroom was covered in water and the carpet in our bedroom and some in the hallway was very wet. We shut off the water to the toilet and began cleaning up as best we could. Before going to sleep, we called the insurance company to get that process going. What happened next I'll save for another post.

No comments: