In the middle of all our water saga, I needed to get Leah's birthday party with her nearby friends and cousins planned. Ross had handed out the invites the night we left for our house to dry. But it didn't take long for both of us to realize that our house would not be party ready in time for her scheduled party date. So Ross went ahead and scheduled our church building so that we could use that instead. I guess that's one of the perks of having your husband in the bishopric and in charge of scheduling the building. I'm so glad that he did too. Having the party at the church allowed plenty of room for lots of little 2-3 year-olds to run around.
The theme of her party was based on her favorite show, "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse." I set up the party to be like one of the episodes. Each of the kids got a set of Mickey ears and we started with the magic words: "Meeska Mooska Mickey Mouse!"
Then we did the activities I'd planned using ideas from various episodes. I even made a "Toodles" with pictures of "Mousekatools" the kids would need to complete the activities. Before each activity we would call "O Toodles!" and the kids would decide which Mousekatool to use then say, "We've got ears, say 'Cheers!'"
The first activity was Goofy's Obstacle Course. The kids jumped over "old stinky shoes" (the Mousekatool they choose from Toodles.) Then they got gold medals for completing the course.
Next we did Daisy's Dance. "Jump Forward, Jump Backward, Clap Clap Clap, March March March, Slide to One Side Then Slide to the Other Side." The Mousekatool they choose for this was a music player. After letting them dance for a bit, I gave each of them a little water bottle to cool off.
Then it was time for fishing for gooey fish in Mickey Pond using a couple handy fishing poles from Toodles. For this, each of the kids got a little baggy of Swedish Fish.
Then it was time for cupcakes. I used Oreo cookies to make Mickey's head and ears. But Leah needed something to blow out! Luckily the "Mystery Mousekatool" was some candles! "We used all our Mousekatools! Say 'Super Cheers!'"
They even got to do "The Hot Dog Dance!"
There's nothing quite like a group picture at a little kid's birthday party! Leah's guests included Brix, Parker, Ty, Morgan, Kylie, Kenzie, Millie and Makynlee. We told guests they didn't have to, but some brought gifts anyway. How kind!
I think Leah had a great time for her first "friend" birthday party. She was sad when it was all over and it was time to go home. I had fun planning it too! Oh, and I can't forget a big shout out to my sister, Melyssa. She came down to help since Ross would be at work. She helped a lot with setting up, taking down, doing activities, taking some pictures, crowd control, and the very important task of keeping Corbin calm and asleep since he wanted to eat right about the time the party started. She also brought Leah's buddy, Makynlee, which Leah loved.
Love this birthday girl!

No comments:
Post a Comment