Thursday, September 12, 2013

6 Months Old

Our happy little boy is now a half year old! It's hard to believe how fast the past six months have been. Here's the stats from his 6-month check-up:
   Weight: 14 lbs 2.5 oz (2%)
   Length: 24 1/4 inches (1%)
   Head: 43 cm (36%)
They measured his head twice to make sure they got it right since the percentile is so much higher. So his noggin is growing pretty fast, but the rest of him is still really small!
 
This kid is rolling all over the place now. And when he can't quite reach something, he tucks his forehead into the floor, puts his bottom in the air, and pushes himself forward with his feet and toes. His doctor called that maneuver "the stinkbug." It doesn't look very comfortable, but it gets him where he wants, I guess. I'm sure that at this rate, crawling will be just around the corner.
 
Corbin loves to grab onto things. One of his favorite things to play with is paper. I let him play with this paper bag from Del Taco one night and he was as happy as a clam. Whenever it fell out of his hands he got very upset. I had to keep readjusting the bag in his hands because it would get too soggy and start falling apart.
He's now big enough to play in the Exersaucer. From the look of his face in these pictures I'd say he likes it! Once he's decided he's done playing though, he'll fuss until I get him out.
Sleeping babies look so peaceful. I snapped this picture of him sleeping in the swing because I loved seeing his little hands folded together. He looked so chill just sitting there.
Believe it or not, this little guy has two teeth. You can't really see the one on the right in this picture, but believe me both of his two front teeth on the bottom are there! I didn't even know he was teething! I was letting him chop on my finger one day, when suddenly I felt something scrapping me. I was stunned when I looked closer and could see his first tooth cut through. Leah didn't get her first tooth until 10 months. So I figured it would be at least a couple more months before his came. I guess I was wrong. I did notice more crankiness when the second tooth cut through, but that's probably because I realized it was coming and expected the symptoms the second time.
Here are some "Sibling Love" pictures. I hope these two always get along this well. Leah loves Corbin so much (as long as he doesn't get any slobber on her). And he seems to think that she's is something pretty special (or at least something highly entertaining to watch). By the way, Leah loves to hold his hand. Sometimes I'll go to get them out of their car seats and I'll see that she has been holding his hand as we were driving along.
I thought this next picture was so cute! Corbin was laying on the floor and Leah had found some scriptures. So she was pretending to read them and Corbin just kept watching her like he was totally interested in what she was saying. I kept hearing her talk about the Armies of Helaman, but she told me later she was telling him about Nephi.
A couple other things about what he's up to lately...Corbin loves books already. We read to Leah a lot and he always tries to grab the books if he's near by. He has a few that we let him play with and he loves when he can get his hands on them.
 
We have let him try some new foods. So far he isn't overly excited about spoon feedings, but he's getting better.
So, in short, life with a 6-month old is never dull. And I don't think it is going to slow down from here. But that's OK. We're just happy to have this cute little guy in our family!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your children are beautiful. You are wonderful parents. It's great fun to watch your family grow :)