It was so fun to see them dance together. However I did have a hard time with their recital because their teacher decided to teach all the first year girls the same dances and have them all dance together. It did make the recital much shorter, but 30-40 3-year-olds on stage together is just too many. For their first dance, Leah wasn't anywhere near Millie or Kylie. Luckily for the second dance they were close enough that I could get them all in the same picture. Leah and Kylie are waving to the audience and Millie is two girls to the left of Kylie. For the record, I think Leah's dance teacher is great. I really like the way she teaches, I just haven't been very happy about how recitals have been handled. But this is her first year, I'm sure things will get better.
The girls did two dances. A tap dance to the song "Happy Tappin' with Elmo" (which was actually the same dance that they did for their Christmas recital). And a ballet dance to a "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" song.
Leah is taking a break from dance for the summer. She's ready for a break and I don't mind not driving her to lessons each week. But I'm sure when the summer is over she'll be ready to start back up again. Leah likes going to dance and she is really good at it. It will be fun do see what she does in the years to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment