Monday, September 1, 2014

The Rest of July

Wow! July was a fun month for the Leslies. I didn't realize just how much we did until I started blogging about the different things. And then I had all these pictures left over of random things that happened throughout the month. Just as a warning before hand, this post has a lot of pictures. But I include posts like this mostly for me and my kids to look back at them later. I want these pictures to be part of our family's history. So if you are reading this and feel like it is picture overload, I understand. 

Corbin loves to do everything he sees Leah do. On this day he climbed up right next to her on the ottoman to watch Mulan. I thought it was so cute I had to get a picture of it. 
 I LOVE summertime! One of my favorite things is going out to play with the kids in the evening after it cools down. We spent a lot of evenings in July out in the grassy area by our town home. Usually we would take out some balls and sometimes Leah would bring out her bike and we would just play.

Corbin is our little ball boy. He LOVES balls of all kinds. We've been teaching him how to hit a ball with a bat and he's a natural. He loves it so much that he uses anything stick like to hit any kind of ball (and to hit his sister, or anyone else who gets too close). He has some shorter bats. This just happens to be the one we were using this night.
Leah loved it whenever Parker happened to be out playing too. Here they are throwing a Frisbee back and forth.

At the beginning of July, we went to my parents' house to celebrate Makynlee's birthday. Her parents set up an inflatable water slide and the kids played on it all afternoon. You can only see Makynlee and Leah in this picture (Leah is the one doing a somersault down the slide), but all the other cousins were out playing too. They had a great time and we ended up with only one broken leg. Poor Megan's leg got fractured when she got rammed into by one of her brothers.
Tennis anyone? This is another night when we were outside playing. 
 I made sure I got a picture of Leah singing a song with her "guitar."
Leah loves it when her friend, Millie, gets to come over to play. They love to play dress up.

On some hot days I let the kids go out on the grass to play in the water. I had to be careful because Corbin likes to just drink the water sometimes.
We met up with Parker and his Grandma one day at a splash pad. I didn't get any pictures of Leah playing in the water, but she was there. I think she had more fun playing with Parker in the makeshift hut his Grandma made with their towels than she did playing in the water. Corbin likes playing in the water as long as he is not getting splashed by other kids.
Warm summer rain showers can be so fun (as long as they don't mess up any of your plans). We had a few like that in July. One day Leah said she wanted to go out and jump in some rain puddles. So when the storm came, I got out the umbrella and took her out to play. She had a blast!
Another day playing out in the water. Leah thought it was so fun to fill up this container and then sit in it. 
When Leah and I were at the store one day, I let her pick out something new that we could play with outside. She choose this little golf set. So here we are trying it out. They have both really enjoyed it.
Poor Corbin is at that stage where he falls down and hits his head all the time. For a while we were calling him "Mr. Bumps and Bruises." I tried to get a picture of his bruised up forehead. It looks a lot better in this picture than it did in real life.
Leah loves to get her nails painted. So one day while Corbin was napping I introduced her to my foot spa. She was a little unsure about it at first, but decided to give it a try and before long she was loving it. Here she is just chilling while her feet were soaking.
My mom's birthday is in July, so I decided to take the kids up and spend the day with her. She was babysitting my sister's two kids. So we decided to just go get some lunch at Del Taco so that the kids would be able to play on an indoor playground. The little boys were having a ball playing on the playground. The girls were running around too much for me to get a picture of them.
Leah loves the movie Mulan. So this has been her new thing lately. She'll lay on the ground like this because she thinks she looks like Mulan when she jumps and kicks. She always wants me to look at her and guess who she is.
We went as a family to play miniature golf one night. This is an activity that both kids love.
I decided to take Leah to the rodeo for a special mother-daughter date. This was Leah's first rodeo. She got restless at times, but overall I think she did pretty well. The barrel racing was one of her favorite events.
She did even better after we went and got a shaved ice to share. She wanted to send a picture to her dad to see if he could see her tongue turn red from the Tiger's Blood flavoring. 
Here's just a couple of random pictures of Corbin when decided that he needed to finish off the carton of sour cream one day. He had a spoon to scrape the sides and ended up getting it all over his face.
At the end of the month we went to an Owls game. They had face painting there that night. So of course, Leah wanted hers painted. Here she is looking like an owl. We got some free sunglasses that night too, so I got a picture of Corbin wearing them.
We met up with Parker and his dad that night at the game. Leah and Parker spent the game playing together. They are such good buddies. 
I had to get a recalled part fixed on my car and the dealership said it would take at least two hours. So luckily my sister, Lyndsee, saved me from 2+ hours in a waiting room with 2 kids by coming to pick me up and taking us somewhere the kids could play.
Before we went back to pick up my car, we got some yummy ice cream. While we were eating the kids decided to check out the driving simulator games.
This last picture is just a fun one of Corbin playing in the bottom drawer of our kitchen. Both of my kids love playing in this drawer. I tried to snap a picture while he was still all the way in it because I have a picture of Leah at about the same age doing the same thing.

No comments: