Life with the Leslies has been very busy lately, and my blog has been very neglected. But it is time to get all caught up. So here's January all in one post. Typically January is my least favorite month. It is cold, dark and boring especially coming off of the big Christmas celebrations. One nice thing about this January was that the weather was exceptionally mild with very little (if any) snow storms. This made it a little more bearable for me.
One fun thing that happened at the beginning of January was that Ross and I finally joined the world of smart phones. Actually all the pictures in this post came from my new cell phone. The kids loved that we had new phones and enjoyed checking out all the fun things they could do. Here's a couple pictures of them playing with the camera and discovering the "selfie" mode.
Snuggled up in mom and dad's bed after bath time.This was our first baby gift for Leslie baby #3. My sister-in-law, Melissa, saw this little outfit and thought it would be perfect for our baby. If you know our family, you know that we are big Muppet fans. Leah even wanted to name Corbin "Kermit." So we'll enjoy dressing up our little one in these cute clothes.
My niece, Braylee, turned 2 in December and I finally finished her letter B. She might be a little to young to care about it, but I hope she ends up liking it anyway.
I have known this beautiful bride since she was about 2 years old and now she's all grown up and got married in January. It was great to be able to be there for her wedding to her best friend, Quinton. Her aunt Lesley (standing next to her in this picture) is my best friend. Lesley and baby Andrew flew out for the wedding. So I especially loved being able to spend some time with Lesley even if it was a very short trip.
After the holidays were over, we really felt it was time to focus on getting ready for the baby to come. We really didn't want to get caught off guard this time like we were when Corbin was born. One of the major tasks was to get new beds for the kids so that we could move them into the same room and free up crib for the baby. Although we knew we wouldn't be using the crib at first for the baby, we felt really pressed to find beds because Corbin had decided that the hated sleeping in the crib and was spending far too much time sleeping with us. So on one of Ross's days off we spent some time driving to few different stores to check out bunk beds. One of our stops was at the mall. While we were there we decided to get some lunch at the food court. And of course Leah would not be satisfied until she got a ride on the carousel. I think the big smile on her face tells you how much she loves to ride the carousel.
Finding the beds that we wanted turned out to be a bigger saga that we had expected. We found one that we really liked, but when we tried to order it online the website said it could not be delivered to us. I tried going directly to the store and have them order it for us, but they couldn't get it either and our second choice would not be available for at least another 6 weeks. Feeling a little discouraged, I stopped on my way home at a local furniture store to check out the bunk beds they had advertised on a sign outside their store. They were perfect and available at a great price. Later that day, I took Ross to look at them and we decided to buy them right then. It may sound silly, but I consider this whole experience as a huge blessing. Finding these beds was an answer to many prayers. And the kids love them. Leah would like them even better if we stacked them as bunk beds, but I don't need to have Corbin falling off the top bunk on a regular basis. He's such a climber that I know he would be climbing to the top every chance he got.
The rest of the pictures are just some fun pictures I took of the kids. Corbin has gotten really into wearing other people's shoes.
Corbin now refuses to sit in his high chair. He insists he joins the rest of us at the big table. So I got him a booster seat to sit in so that he can reach his food better. Just because he can reach the food better doesn't mean he's any less messy. And of course if I get a picture of Corbin, Leah insists she gets one too.
One night we went to the Provo Beach Resort with some friends. Here's Leah catching a wave. Notice she's wearing her pink snow boots. She wore those everywhere all winter long even though there wasn't any snow.
I don't know why, but I love taking pictures of my kids sleeping. Those moments are so peaceful and give me a chance to remember just how much I love them. (I love them when they are awake, but those times are far less peaceful, to say the least.) With the kids in their twin beds now, most nights Ross and I would divide and conquer to get them to bed. We would each lay with one of them in their bed and read stories and help them get to sleep. Leah by far is the easier one to get to sleep. She just needs a few stories read to her and then she's ready to fall asleep. Corbin on the other hand is a much different story. He will want to read through a pile of books, sometimes twice. He'll lay there and watch videos on our phones and sometimes even has to just be held still until he gives up and falls asleep.
The picture of Corbin and Ross is not an unusual sight. Once again Corbin has managed to put Ross to sleep instead of the other way around. Corbin often outlasts Ross and then I end up putting Corbin to bed instead. I don't know why, but my kids get more and more wound up when they are tired. It's like they know that if they hold still they'll fall asleep, so they make sure they keep moving so they can stay awake longer.
Anyway, there's some highlights from our month. I'm always glad to have January behind us.





















No comments:
Post a Comment