The Price family usually makes a trip out to Utah a couple times a year. Brian gets a long break around the 4th of July, so they are often in town for a week or so during that time. But this year, Lesley and the kids were able to stay for about a month since Brian's sister was getting married at the end of July. This situation was just fine with me since it meant being able to spend much more time with my best friend while she was in town.
One of the best days of the summer (at least for me) was one of those days spent with Lesley. We decided to meet up, just me and her and our kids and spend the day together. We started out with a picnic lunch at a park up the canyon. Lesley and I had spent many, many hours up this canyon. When Lesley was training to run a marathon, she would run along the trail and I would ride my bike with her to keep her company. So being up there together again brought back many great memories.
Here's a few pictures of the kids playing at the park. Leah and Hannah are just 10 months apart. Hannah moved just after she turned 1 year old. So these two have not been able to spend much time together growing up. But I have been amazed at the close relationship they seem to have despite the distance. They have so much fun being together and it is so sweet to see a second generation of friendship developing. I hope they stay friends for a long, long time.
Corbin and Seth are about 18 months apart. Their ages and personalities are different enough that they they don't share the same connection that their sisters do. But still they get along pretty well.And this third set of kids are the ones actually born the closest. There's only about 7 months difference between Andrew and Paige. When I was trying to get a picture of them together, I was able to capture this little gem. Andrew was trying to reach out and touch Paige. I thought it was so sweet to see their two little hands together. However, when he was finally able to reach Paige, she wasn't quite as happy about him trying to get her. But I still think it is cute to see them together.
After playing at the park for a while, we went down to the falls. The kids loved hiking around on the rocks and playing in the water. I had Paige in the Snugli and Andrew fell asleep in the stroller, so the three of us mostly stayed down at the bottom. But Lesley took the other kids up the falls a little way, mostly with the boys. Leah and Hannah hiked all over together.
Corbin hates the feel of the cold water, so he didn't play in the water any more than he had to.
Here's a selfie of me and Paige with the falls behind us.
Sweet baby Andrew!
Love to see these two girls playing!
Part of the bottom of the falls is sectioned off for fish. Seth loved wading over to where they were. It was fun to watch him playing in the water for so long and having so much fun by himself. Needless to say, he was pretty soaked by the time we were done.
I tried to get a picture of Lesley with all of her kids, but this was the best that I could do since the kids wouldn't all look at me at the same time.
We had a great time spending the afternoon together. And we were having so much fun that it soon turned into dinner time. So we decided to all go out together to get something to eat. We ended up at the Riverwoods getting pizza at one of our favorite restaurants there. And afterwards the kids were sure they needed to go out and play in the splash pad.
Before long it was getting dark and the kids were pretty wet, again. So, sadly, it was time to say goodnight. Luckily it wouldn't be long before we were able to spend some time together again. When I look back at the summer, this is definitely one of my favorite days. I wish that we could live closer together so to that we could create more great memories like this more often. But I guess that makes these times that much more special.
























No comments:
Post a Comment