Monday, February 6, 2017

August 2015

Here's some more stuff from August of 2015 rolled into one blog post...

I've noticed that I have a thing with taking pictures of my kids sleeping. I think it is because they look so peaceful and angelic or because they are doing something that makes me smile. Like in this picture of Corbin where he had fallen asleep holding is toy Hot Wheels jet that William gave to him. It is not what I could call a cozy bed partner. 
Leah was playing with my phone one afternoon and took this picture of me and the two little ones that I thought was cute. (I usually just delete the pictures that the kids take of me because they aren't very flattering.)

One of my favorite things about summer is being able to take my kids outside to play. We often go out to play after dinner when the temperature has cooled down. Here's several pictures from our outside adventures. In this first one they are playing with our neighbor, Parker.
This last picture of Leah riding her bike cracks me up. When we would go out to play, Leah would often want to ride her bike. Corbin has a little "bike" that he can scoot along (very slowly) with his feet. But he wants to be able to go fast like Leah. So rather than ride his bike like her, he just runs behind her as she rides all around the grassy area behind our house. And the funny thing about it is that he does a pretty good job of keeping up with her. When it comes to running, this kid has a ton of stamina. Like the Energizer Bunny, he keeps going, and going, and going!
In August, my Grandpa Putnam was presented wth a Quilt of Valor. There is a group of quilters that comes together and makes hand-stitched quilts for our country's veterans. Since my Grandpa served in WWII, they made a quilt and presented it to him in a little ceremony of sorts. Many of his family members were able to be there for the presentation. The woman in the top picture on the far left was the one who came and presented the quilt to him. I'm glad that we could be a part of such a touching tribute to my grandpa.
Another one of my favorite things about August is that Thanksgiving Point has their $2 Tuesday deal. So I try to take the kids to at least one of the venues during that time. My favorite is to take them to Farm Country because it is the least crowded and the kids really enjoy it. They can see and touch the animals, play with the exhibits, go on a wagon or tractor ride, and ride on a pony. We always have a good time.
Sometimes all our fun activities in August exhausts us and someone ends up crashing somewhere for a much needed nap. This doesn't look very comfortable, but she slept like this for quite a while. 
With Leah gone for several hours a day, the two little ones enjoy lots of time playing together and spending time with mommy. 
Our baby girl just keeps growing and at nearly 5 months old, she is at a very fun and interactive stage.
I love these duck pajamas! All three of my kids have worn them and look oh so cute in them.
This is what Corbin looked like while we were out waiting for Leah to come home on the bus. Yes, those are Leah's pink boots. He's a funny kid!

At the end of August, our baby turned 5 months old. She's a cute and happy baby and as you can tell, her brother and sister just adore her. 

Here's another picture of one of my kiddos sleeping. It is very rare for Leah to fall asleep without one of us being there by her. On this night, she was reading this Jake and the Never Land Pirates Seek and Find book and I guess she was just so exhausted that she just zonked out. I like to get pictures of rare moments like this!
So there's our August of 2015. A month full of fun times and precious moments and big milestones. Life with the Leslies just charges on!

No comments: