Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Volleyball Season is Here!


January is typically an uneventful time for me. The holidays are over. It always seems cold and dark outside. And there isn't much to do on the weekends...until the BYU men's volleyball season begins!

I LOVE going to the men's volleyball games at BYU. And I've converted Ross to liking it too. BYU usually has a really good team and it is fun to see their amazing skills and quick reflexes as they pound, block and dig up the ball.

This past weekend was their home opener games. So we went on Saturday night. We got tickets with one of my Beehives and her dad. So it was fun to sit next to them and so see her get excited about the game also. BYU won pretty easily in three games. It is always a lot more fun to watch when BYU wins!

We also went to the men's basketball game against Colorado State earlier that day. That game turned out to be a blow out. BYU won by 44 points. But the best part the game was the half time show by Jean's Golden Girls. This is a local dance group consisting of women anywhere from 50 to 93 years old. The oldest one at 93 years old did a crowd rousing solo complete with Rockette style kicks and ending in the splits! She was great to watch. I doubt I'll have that much pep and spunk when I reach 93.

Another fun part of that game was running into my aunt and uncle who had come down to Provo for the basketball and volleyball games. So we all went together to get something to eat between games. It was a lot of fun to visit with them.

1 comment:

Stephanie Salmon said...

Cyleste!! I'm so excited you started a blog. I really love blogging. As you know. :)