Monday, February 22, 2010

O Canada


As I've been watching the Vancouver Olympics I've realized that I have a lot more ties to Canada than I thought I did.

This is a picture of me when I was about 2-3 years old. It was taken for my uncle Rod who was serving an LDS mission in Canada at the time.

Ross's dad also served his mission in Canada!

But the Canadian tie that is nearest to my heart is my Great Grandma Harmon (my maternal grandmother's mom). She was born in the Ontario area of Canada, but moved to the states when she was about 2 years old. Her mother was an American citizen, but her father and his family lived in Canada.

My Great Grandma was an amazing woman! And since I can claim some Canadian heritage through her, I have a soft spot for the Canadian athletes in these winter games. Good luck Canada!

1 comment:

The Otis Family said...

I have always loved Canada. I don't know if I'd want to live up there from Sept-May though. I really like warmth and sun too much.