Friday, April 23, 2010

It's Definitely A Girl!

At the 20 week ultrasound, the doctor was pretty sure it was a girl, but he wouldn’t put it in the chart because he couldn’t get a good enough view to be positive. This left me always wondering in the back of my mind, “Could it be a boy?” However, we had another ultrasound this week and one of the first things he saw was evidence that she was in fact a girl. As he rolled the ultrasound over my belly later in the ultrasound I could hear him say to himself again “Oh yeah, definitely a girl.” And he did put it in the chart this time.

I love seeing the ultrasound images even though I can hardly ever tell what I’m looking at. But one of my favorite parts of this ultrasound was when he was showing us her face – where her eyes were and how there was a hand up by her mouth, possibly because she was sucking on it - when suddenly he moved the ultrasound thing just a little bit and a foot popped up on the screen. Now even I can tell what a foot looks like in an ultrasound and this was unmistakably a foot! Even the doctor was surprised to see her foot up so close to her face. He said that is common if the baby is breech, but she was positioned head-down just like she should be. I guess when quarters are tight (which they definitely are right now) your foot has to go somewhere!

So everything with the pregnancy seems to be going well. She is still a “mover and a shaker.” I don’t know what she is doing in there some days, but she seems to enjoy doing it. Yesterday I was wondering if she was possibly playing the drums. I keep thinking that she must be running out of room because it sure feels like it to me. But she still insists on moving around a lot (although I can’t imagine who she could have inherited such stubbornness from). We’re down to just six weeks now and getting more and more excited to finally meet our little girl!

1 comment:

Stephanie Salmon said...

Good thing it's still a girl or I would need to return the gift I got for you. :) You'd think that once she got squished enough she wouldn't be able to move but I'm 5 days away from my due date and somehow this little girl still finds room to roll around in there. I love it!