Thursday, April 8, 2010

A Busy Easter & General Conference Weekend


Ross and I had a very busy Easter/General Conference weekend. It started on Friday night when we went to see “Les Miserables” performed at a local theater. The cast was entirely made up of youth – mostly high school age. What talent! They did an amazing job. However, Ross and I both realized that neither of us really knows much about this story. Ross had watched the movie version recently, but this version was entirely musical (it kind of had an opera feel) and was harder for us to follow. I felt a little bit like I do when I watch Shakespearian plays – I get the gist of what’s happening, but the details are VERY vague! Overall, we both enjoyed it and were glad we went.

Saturday was very busy. Ross helped clean the church in the morning and got home just in time for conference to start. We watched the first half at home then listened to the second half in the car on the way to our Putnam Family Easter party. Between sessions we had lunch and visited with those at the party. We left just in time to get to my parents’ house to watch the second session. After it was over, we left so Ross could go to the priesthood session with his brother, Kyle. When the guys were done, Kyle, Amy, Ross and I went out for some yummy Thai food (which was not good for my blood sugar, but I loved it anyway) and then we spent the night at Ross’s mom’s house.

Sunday morning we watched the morning session of conference with Kyle and Amy and then drove back to my parents’ house for the last session. After the session we had a nice Easter dinner with some of my family and Grandma and Grandpa Putnam. Then we went to the Turner’s house for their traditional after-conference family home evening. It was a busy weekend, but as I told Ross, I was so glad we were able to make it work so we could participate in everything we wanted to and spend time with a lot of wonderful people this weekend.

2 comments:

Stephanie Salmon said...

We went to that play last Monday!! I didn't know the story at all and was very confused. Brandon's mom explained it to us during the intermission, which helped, but I'm not a huge fan of plays anyway...Glad you enjoyed it!

The Otis Family said...

You guys exhaust me. I hope baby Mama is doing okay. Glad you were able to spend so much time with family.