Monday, March 29, 2010

30 Weeks


I am not a fan of this picture, but I'm going to post it anyway for those of you who might be curious as to how big and round I'm getting now. It seems crazy to think that I'm 30 weeks pregnant now. In some ways it has seemed so long, but it is also hard to imagine that we only have 10 weeks left to get ready.

Overall, she seems to be a pretty active baby. Someone once told me that an active baby is a sign of a happy baby. I don't know how much truth there is to that - but it sounds good to me! I can tell when when she's really alert because she moves around a lot then. When she really gets going, my belly bluges out all over. It's kind of cool to watch.

My blood sugar is doing well so far. They've cut me down to testing only 2-3 per day and still no medication is necessary. It is hard not to eat whatever I want whenever I want (especially since Ross doesn't have that problem at all - he has an amazing metabolism). But in the end, this will actually be healthier for me and the baby.

We don't have a crib yet, but we do have a place to put a crib now. We've been out looking, but haven't made any decisions. And now that we have a place ready for it, we'll probably get one in the next few weeks. Her room is coming together quite nicely so far. Thanks to her aunt Melyssa (aka MoMo), she does have a dresser to store all her clothes, blankets and other accessories in.

2 comments:

Stephanie Salmon said...

I think that's an adorable belly shot!! I know how you feel though, I love looking at my belly in real life, but for some reason I hate all the pictures of it. I need to take some more though and post one again. I can't believe our time is coming to an end! We don't have a crib or a dresser, but we're planning on having her sleep in the pack n play for the first few months. So we'll get a crib eventually. We need a dresser NOW though. :)

The Otis Family said...

The finish line is almost in sight. To see that sweet little baby and give her lots of kisses. You look fabulous lady. I was a house.