
For nearly the past four years I've served once a week at the temple. But for the past six weeks or so I haven't been able to help on my shift because I've been car pooling young women to and from their basketball games. As much as I love spending time with the young women, it was so nice to be back in the temple last night serving with an amazing group of men and women whom I have come to love dearly over the years. We were so excited to see each other again. And it was so nice to feel the peace and serenity that exists only in the temples.
Another special part of being at the temple on this particular day is that it was the 32nd anniversary of the day that I was sealed to my parents in the Salt Lake Temple. I'm so grateful for the beautiful ordinances in the temple that allow me to be connected to my wonderful family even after this life is over.
Sadly my weeks of serving on my shift at the temple each week are numbered. As my tummy gets bigger and bigger, I'll become less and less helpful in the baptistry. And after the baby is born I will need to be home taking care of her instead. So when the time comes, I'll just have to enjoy the times when I can go to the temple as a patron and look forward to the time when I can serve as a temple worker again.
1 comment:
that's a great pic of our temple. i love the view of squaw peak behind it.
i'm glad, too, you've been able to get back in there for a little while.
Post a Comment