She LOVES LOVES LOVES bath time. When she gets in the water, she's all smiles and kicks her feet like crazy. With all her splashing, it is hard to bathe her without getting wet yourself.
We're still working on her sleeping, although she is getting better. When we take her out and about she sleeps like...well, like a baby. If there is a lot of noise or comotion, she'll sleep right through it. But if we are home in our quiet house, her naps tend to be really short. I sometimes play music in her room while she's napping to see if that will help her sleep longer. I'm working on getting her to sleep better in her crib. However, her favorite places to sleep are cuddled up in someone's arms, her swing, her car seat, cuddled up next to her mom on the couch or in her dad's spot in bed after he gets up. She's also great at sleeping through church. We love it!
She is a cuddly baby and loves to be held. She really likes it when I put her up on my shoulder so she can feel close and look all around. She also likes to lay on the floor and play too.
She's getting a little better with her hands. She loves to put them in her mouth a lot lately. But her dexterity isn't very good, so she sometimes pokes herself in the eye as she's moving her fingers all around. When we put something in front of her, you can tell she's studying it and trying to figure out how to grab it.
She's lost a lot of her black hair that she had when she was born. The hair that is growing back in it's place is much lighter. When the sun shines on it, her hair gets a red tint to it. I doubt she will end up with red hair. It will probably be a light brown color.
She definitely knows who Ross and I are and she likes getting our attention. She seems to have a radar for when we sit down to dinner. She can be zonked out on the couch, but when we sit down to eat she will wake right up. Then she'll often fuss until we let her join us for dinner on one of our laps. We've been letting her lay on the floor close enough to see Ross while we eat. She seems to like that because then she can lay and play and doesn't feel like we've left her all alone.
Like any baby she has her moments, but overall she is such a good and contented baby. We couldn't ask for a better little girl. I know that I've said this before, but I'll say it again...We love her SO much!

This is one of her favorite sleeping positions. She will often sleep with her arm over her face. I used to call this her "diva look." But then one night she was a sleep like this in her bassinet and when I looked over at Ross on our bed he was also sleeping with one arm up over his head and I realized that's where she gets it from. She wasn't being a diva, she was just sleeping like her dad does!
3 comments:
Super fun. I love how much you enjoy all these stages of development. Nate slept like a champ in the car and in his swing. At about 9 months and a lot of crying he finally started sleeping in his crib. By that time we had T-37s flying over the house and those things are noisy. Leah would probably like that.
wow--she has grown up a lot. such a little lady that i'd hardly recognize her. it's hard to believe she's ross's daughter--with all of that dark hair.
Time is flying! She's so big already! I really must get to church more often so I can see her :)
Enjoy every day with her :) she's 100% precious!
Post a Comment