We've reached a couple milestones here in the Leslie family. Yesterday was Ross's birthday! So we've done a lot of celebrating lately. On Saturday we took some Dutch oven cobbler over to his aunt and uncle's house to share with a bunch of the Miller family before the BYU game. It didn't quite have enough time to bake before we needed to eat it, but it was still pretty good.
On Sunday we went to my parents' house for Ross's birthday dinner and celebration. Here's Ross with some of his birthday cake.
For dinner on his birthday, Ross wanted to go to Tucanos. For those who might not know, this is a Brazilian grill restaurant where they bring all kinds of great meat and grilled foods to your table for you to try. At a place like this it is hard to eat the meat "sparingly." It is so yummy, you just want to have more and more! Ross's mom and Kyle and Amy happily joined us for the joyous occasion.
Our other recent milestone is that on Saturday Leah reached 4 months old. Can you believe it?
It also happened to be a BYU game day that day. So here she is with some of her game day gear.
She went to the doctor for her 4 month check up on Monday. The doctor said she was doing great and acting like a normal 4 month old baby. She is now 23 3/4 inches tall, weighs 12.3 pounds and is measuring in the 10-25 percentile. It is no surprise to us that she is a petite baby.
She isn't rolling on her own yet, but she can if I help her. She loves to put her fingers in her mouth as evidenced by the picture below. She often has some fingers or her whole fist in her mouth and gets them all slobbery. She is really close to a real laugh. I can get her to smile a lot and sometimes even the start of a giggle but not quite a full on laugh yet. She is getting better at grabbing at things but is still working on getting her hands to do what she wants them too.
She isn't rolling on her own yet, but she can if I help her. She loves to put her fingers in her mouth as evidenced by the picture below. She often has some fingers or her whole fist in her mouth and gets them all slobbery. She is really close to a real laugh. I can get her to smile a lot and sometimes even the start of a giggle but not quite a full on laugh yet. She is getting better at grabbing at things but is still working on getting her hands to do what she wants them too.
The hardest challenge right now is that she has grown quite attached to me, which I find very flattering, but not very practical. She will start crying uncontrollably when others have her (even Ross sometimes). It is very frustrating as parents and we are working with her to help her get through this phase.
A few weeks ago, I took her into the hot tub for the first time. This was the reaction that I was expecting to get...
A few weeks ago, I took her into the hot tub for the first time. This was the reaction that I was expecting to get...
4 comments:
Oh my gosh Cyleste, I still can't get over how cute some of her outfits are. Especially that little swimsuit! She is a doll. And such a good baby. You guys are lucky. ;)
Happy Birthday Ross. I have to say that you're competing with your daughter on the cuteness factor. Love all of pics.
Happy birthday, Ross! And yes, Leah is absolutely adorable! You're darling parents :)
yea, rossi. i'm glad you had a good birthday. and so many candles. we aren't so young any more, eh?
thanks for posting the cute pictures of leah too. she's super adorable.
Post a Comment