Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Halloween 2010

We had a fun first Halloween with our Little Leah. I decided to make a cute little fairy costume to dress her up in. Here she is smiling up at her daddy! It started the week before Halloween. There was a carnival at Ross's elementary school that he helped out at, so we dressed up and went to check it out. Ross got to show off his cute little girl. We even had a stranger ask to take her home. Weird, but flattering, I guess...

On the Friday right before Halloween we went to Ross's mom's house to have homemade pizzas and watch "Young Frankenstein" with Mom, Kyle, Amy and Jackson. Here she is at Grandma Leslie's with her newest cousin, Jackson.
He was such a tired little boy. But oh he's soooo cute! On Saturday, our ward had a trunk-or-treat sponsored by the Elders Quorum. It poured down rain all afternoon and finally let up just before the event was planned to start. I wasn't sure they would go through with it, but Ross talked to his activities coordinator and they decided it was a go. So I bundled up Leah and took her over to the church. The rain stopped for about a half and hour and then started pouring again. I should have got pictures, but forgot. When the rain started coming down pretty hard, I took Leah to the car. And when it got worse, I took her home. Poor Ross was soaking wet since he stayed to help get things cleaned up. What a faithful Elders Quorum President! But the worse thing about that night was that we ran out of candy at the church so we couldn't even open our door to the trick-or-treaters that came to our house later. : (

On Sunday, aka Halloween, it was my Grandma Tucker's birthday. So the family took the occasion to all get together for a birthday dinner at my Aunt Julie and Uncle Ben's house. Since Grandma's birthday is on Halloween, she doesn't often get all of her family together for her birthday, so this was a real treat for her. And it was fun to see all the little kids dressed up in their Halloween costumes too!
Here Leah is with her Aunt MoMo.
Here are the girls together. There was Pocahontas, Cinderella, our fairy and Megan who was tired of dressing up by this time, but she had several different costumes over the weekend.
Then we added in Woody, Spiderman, Mickey Mouse and a pilot. But it was getting late by this time and the meltdown had already started to ensue. So this is the best shot we could get of all of them together. Quite a tired bunch!
I was able to snap this quick shot of Makynlee and Leah before complete meltdown.
These last pictures are just a few cute ones I shot at home. Enjoy!



No comments: