Tuesday, November 2, 2010

5 Months

On October 25th our little girl turned 5 months old. She's growing so fast, it's hard to believe that it has been 5 months already. Here's a few highlights of what she's doing now and a few cute pictures of her...
  • She has found her toes and loves to grab them especially when she's getting her diaper changed.
  • She still doesn't roll yet and doesn't seem all that interested unless we're changing her diaper, then she wants to wiggle all over.
  • She is starting to laugh more when I play with her, but it is still sometimes hard to get her laughing. She does smile a lot though.
  • She is still a momma's girl. She is better about going to other people, but still prefers mom.
  • She loves to hear her daddy's voice. When he is talking, she always has to stop what she's doing and watch him - especially when he's saying family prayer or when she's eating (he is very distracting for her when she eats which Ross finds really funny, so he tries to distract her even more).
  • She is getting good at using her hands and likes to grab or touch anything nearby.
  • I've been trying to teach her to blow raspberries with her tongue. It is funny because she is really trying, but it usually just comes out as a strange spitting sound that is more like a sneeze. In fact, when she starting doing it, I thought she was sneezing but when I paid closer attention I realized that she was actually trying to blow a raspberry. So funny!
  • She loves to stand up on our laps. It seems to make her feel big.
  • She is close to sitting up on her own. She sits up really well when she has some support.
Here she is in her cute Elmo outfit with her Elmo doll (which she does actually like - when we make him talk she always smiles). Thanks Lyndsee for the way cute outfit! And here she is with her rubber ducky and my favorite ducky jammies. She also likes to play with the ducky. She smiles a lot when we make it squeak.
We took her to her first BYU basketball game last week. It was just the Blue and White game, so there weren't as many people there. But she did great. She was watching the game so much that I had a hard time getting a picture of her. She is a people watcher so having so much going on around her kept her quite entertained. But she still feel asleep before the game was over.
Gotta love the chubby cheeks! Such a cute baby girl! We love her so much!

3 comments:

Stephanie Salmon said...

Oh my gosh, how funny, did you see my post about being at the blue and white game as well? I wish I knew you were there!! You have such a good baby on your hands. She is so cute!

Just me and my girls said...

She is so cute. I love the last pic, and the elmo picture, so is so you :)! You guys seem so happy I am so excited for you. I love reading about everything that sweet Leah is doing!

Unknown said...

I know I am totally Bias but I do have to say that us Tuckers have the cutest kids! I am so glad I found your blog and can now blog stalk you!! Its hard being away from family can't wait till we can see everyone come Dec.