We've been to a few birthday parties. One for this little cutie (my niece, Megan) who turned 2.
Around the middle of the month, our family got sick. We all had a cold of varying degrees. Leah probably had it the worst. She had a yucky nose that would run a lot and when she sneezed, big gobs of snot would shoot out her little nose. Gross! And she would cough a lot. Sometimes so much that she would throw up. This was her first time being so sick and we felt so bad because there wasn't really anything we could do for her. This definitely was NOT the highlight of our month.
On Valentine's Day, we had Ross's mom over for dinner and Family Home Evening.
It was so nice to have her come for the evening. Leah had a great time playing with her Grandma Leslie!
As I already posted, she started crawling. She crawls all over and if getting pretty fast at it. When I put her down to play, it isn't long before she starts following me or comes to find me. She also thinks it's funny when she crawls away from me when I'm trying to change her diaper or clothes. And she likes when I crawl after her pretending to chase her.
Now she has started pulling herself up to things. This is one of her favorite places to crawl to. Usually she just makes her way back and forth along the step, so I wasn't too worried. But yesterday she figured out how to climb up on the step to reach some papers I had higher up. So I won't be letting her play by the stairs much until we can get a gate to keep her from tumbling back down them.
Leah likes books and magazines. She can turn the pages in her board books. And she likes to pull out the church magazines we have stacked in the entertainment center. But the scriptures are still her favorite thing to try and grab.
She's getting to the stage where she is becoming the entertainment at church. People around us want to talk to her, play with her and hold her. People come up to us all the time to tell us how cute they think she is. I had a sister come up to me on Sunday and say, "You're not allowed to bring your baby to church anymore. She's so cute. All I want to do is watch her play instead of paying attention."
A few other highlights in February included being able to go to the Mt. Timpanogos Temple when my cousin, Carter, and his wife, Jaime, received their endowments and were sealed to their cute little girl. It was such a special experience to be there with my aunt and uncle and all their children and their spouses. I'm so excited for them and all the great things they've done lately.Ross had President's Day off, so on that day we went to play a round of miniature golf and to a Utah Flash basketball game.
As usual Young Women's has kept me busy this month. I was able to play basketball with them a on a few Thursday nights. Mostly they are just learning how to play the game, but it is so fun to play with them. They make me laugh!
Of course Elders Quorum has kept Ross busy. He had to teach on fast Sunday (something that always makes him anxious). Otherwise he has spent a lot of time attending meetings, taking care of home teaching and visiting the elders in the ward.
We got some exciting news in February. If you follow our blog much, you might recognize this cutie as my best friend Lesley's little girl, Hannah. Lesley sent me this picture of her to announce that they are expecting another little one at the end of August! Congrats Lesley and Brian!
A couple more things about our little Leah...she's becoming quite the chatter box. She makes all kinds of jabbering noises including mama and dada. And if you stick your hand out, she'll slap it like she's giving five. Overall February has been a good month. But I think this little video sums up our family's feelings about it being over and spring getting closer...
2 comments:
it does sound like a great month--other than sickness. happy to hear you all are staying busy and enjoying life.
So much fun. She's becoming quite the character. I don't think Ross was ever that animated.
Post a Comment