Christmas Eve...This year we went to the Miller's for a fun family dinner and Christmas Eve festivities. And of course we were not disappointed. After dinner, we gathered in the front room so that Duane (aka Uncle Papa) could read "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" and the Nativity story from Luke Chapter 2. Leah loved the Grinch story so much, that she started reciting all the words she knew with him. Then the kids each got to open a gift. They all got the perfect Christmas Eve gift...new pajamas all around!! Leah loves the pajamas that Aunt Nana (Mary Ann) picked out for her.
When we got home from the Millers, we got Leah ready for bed and then read "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" and the account of Christ's birth in 3rd Nephi. When Leah finally fell asleep, Ross and I got to work wrapping presents and getting ready for a visit from Santa.
Leah thinks that Santa says "Yo! Ho! Ho!" (she watches a lot of "Jake and the Never Land Pirates") so that's what she wanted to write on her note to Santa. I thought that was funny.
Christmas Morning...I love that Leah sleeps in late, even on Christmas. So Ross and I got to sleep in and rest until at least 9:00 am. Even after she woke up, we had to remind Leah that it was Christmas and that there were presents downstairs waiting to be opened. But it didn't take long after that for her to catch the spirit of the day and get excited.
Leah loves her new "Cougar Y Bear." She says that he and Kermit are best friends. And now the three of them do everything together. She even insists that Kermit and Cougar Y Bear go to church with us. Leah also loved the Mickey table Santa brought and the dishes she got from Grandma Leslie. I'd say Christmas morning was a success at the Leslie house.
Later Christmas Day...After a yummy Christmas breakfast, we got ready to go to my parents' house for a couple of days. It's hard to say if Leah was more excited for Santa coming or for being able to go to Grandpa's house after Santa came. (Pretty sure she was more excited about going to Grandpa's.) She was also excited to get to open more presents.
Before dinner, we watched the cartoon version of "How the Grinch Stole Christmas." Leah loved the book so much, I thought she would enjoy the movie. Grandma Tucker and Walt stopped by for a visit and enjoyed dinner with us. Then my mom tried to convince my nephew, Cameron, to dance for us, but he wouldn't without a stage. So believe it or not, my mom let the kids use her table as a stage. They thought that was SO FUN! I hope we haven't started any bad habits. Then we loaded up and drove over to Grandma and Grandpa Putnam's for a visit. I was so glad we got to go see them for Christmas. I love those two so much! I love Christmas time! There is so much excitement and so much time spent with family. But the day always goes by too fast. It will be fun to celebrate again next year when Leah understands the excitement even better. Plus we will have our little boy who will get to experience it for the first time. I love it!
2 comments:
Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas! :)
I love that picture of you and Leah by the lamp. You are so beautiful.
Post a Comment