Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Our Little Cougar Fan

Let me just start this post by saying that this January at the Leslie home has not been one of our best. I spent the first half of the month battling a lingering cold (there are some days when I wonder if it is really all the way gone now). Being pregnant takes such a toll on your immune system. Because of that, I got way behind on housework and am still trying to catch up. So I still feel like our house is a mess, which is very discouraging.

After the snow storms at the beginning of the month, the temperatures here dropped below freezing for a couple of weeks. So needless to say, it has been COLD! Being stuck in the messy house most days (where it still feels cold) and not having much daylight, and feeling tired a lot from a cold and being pregnant has made January particularly hard for me. I'm ready for it to be over. But enough of my ranting.

Here's the real reason for my post. One of the great things about January is the BYU Men's Volleyball and Men's Basketball games! We love to go to them any chance we get. On a recent weekend, we went to a volleyball game on a Friday night and a basketball game on Saturday night. We took Leah to both games and she loved it! This girl loves to go to the games, mostly because she loves to see Cosmo. At the volleyball game, Ross took her over to see Cosmo up close. He tickled her with his tail and she thought that was just the greatest.

Here are some pictures I took at the basketball game. Can you tell by her face that she is SO EXCITED to be there! She doesn't get really into the games, but at least she did a pretty good job of staying by us to play. I just tried to keep her bag stocked with things to entertain her. Mostly she just just likes to be on the Cosmo watch, dance whenever music comes on, and clap along with the Cougar Fight Song.
The Marriott Center is so big, and we sit up so high that I didn't think we would get to see Cosmo up close. But that doesn't stop Leah from trying to find him all through the game. But he did come up to visit fans in the section next to ours. Ross took her to see him closer and she liked that. But after the game we were walking past the Victory Bell and Cosmo was there! Because of the cold, not many people lingered to see him, so it was easy to get up close for a picture. Leah was so excited to see Cosmo again. She just thinks that he's the greatest! It's fun to have such a cute little Cougar fan in our family!

1 comment:

Jena said...

So fun! Hey, I've been giving myself 400 IUs of Vitamin D this month, and I think it's helped. No sunshine is no good.