Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Baby Update

So here's a picture of me at 30 weeks pregnant with our baby boy. I'm not a big fan seeing pictures of me pregnant, but I figure they are good to have for posterity's sake. Overall, this pregnancy has gone pretty well so far. Ultrasounds and heartbeat checks have been good. He seems to be growing and developing just fine. His living quarters are getting pretty tight these days. There are several times a day when he's very active and moving a lot. And sometimes it can be a little painful if he tries to stretch out too much. But it is fun to watch my belly ripple and wiggle when he's moving about.

We still don't have a name picked out for him just yet. Leah tells everyone that his name is Kermit or Kermie This is because she loves Kermit the Frog so much. One day my dad suggested to her that his name be Kermit and she liked the idea so much that it has just stuck with her. She might be a little disappointed when she realizes that Ross and I have other names in mind for him.

I did get diagnosed with gestational diabetes again. I barely failed both glucose tests. And when when I say barely, I mean that my blood sugar was too high by 4 points or less on each of the blood draws that I failed. So frustrating! But so far I have been able to control it with diet and exercise. If I keep my blood sugar numbers low and in control, I'll be fine. It just stinks to not be able to eat what I want. I love carb-filled foods and treats, but those are the things that send my blood sugar levels too high.

I am now 32 weeks along. I probably don't look much bigger than I do at 30 weeks, but boy do I feel bigger. It is getting harder get up and to bend over to reach things. I can tell I'm hitting the nesting period. I keep thinking about all the things that we need to get done before he gets here. Sometimes the list is a little overwhelming, but I'm sure we'll manage. The biggest task right now is converting the storage/office into his room.

I can't believe we'll get to meet this little guy in just a matter of weeks. A lot of family and friends are having their babies lately. It makes me excited to see and hold our little one. He's going to have a lot of little buddies to play with. It seems almost all of the babies we know being born right now or that are on the way are little boys.

2 comments:

K & A said...

I haven't taken any pictures of me yet because I never like they way they turn out and I feel better not know what I really look like. Maybe I just need the right angle. You look great! And it is funny all the boys coming into the family.

Cindy Anderson said...

Good luck with your preparations and delivery!