Wednesday, July 17, 2013

4 Months Old

Our little man is 4 months old now! Isn't he a cutie! He melts my heart everyday. I love his big gummy smile that we get to see a lot of each day. He is such a good baby. He's generally very happy and content. He just gets upset when he wants to eat or is over tired and wants to sleep.
At his 4 month check up, he weighed 12 lbs 4.5 oz (1%), and was 23 3/4 inches long (3%). And his head was 40 cm (15%). Coincidentally, when Leah had her 4 month check up, she was also 23 3/4 inches and weighed 12 lbs 3 oz. I thought it was remarkable that they were almost exactly the same size at 4 months. However, Corbin did start out a pound and a half behind her. So he is growing at a greater rate than she did.
 
Watching Leah and Corbin interact is so fun. Leah likes to talk to him and mimic whatever I am saying to him. And Corbin finds Leah totally fascinating and fun to watch. When I was trying to take his 4 month pictures, I was having a hard time for a bit because he just wanted to watch Leah who was climbing all over the couch behind him.
Corbin is just starting to reach out and grab things. Right now his favorite thing to play with is his burp rags. He'll grab them and bring them up to his mouth to eat. He also likes to chew on his hand and fingers a lot. He has definitely found his voice and likes to make all kinds of cute noises when he's happy and playing.
Here's a rare picture of him with a binky. He only wants his binky when he's really tired and wants to go to sleep. Even then it is hard to get him to take it. Then he lets it fall out once he's asleep. That's so different than Leah who absolutely LOVED her binky.
 
Corbin is getting much better at sleeping at night. It is not unusual for him to go 5-6 hours between feedings at night. Although 3-4 hours is still the norm. But I really appreciate getting more sleep when he does go longer.
 
Here he is wearing sister's sunglasses.
It is hard to tell from these pictures, but Corbin has beautiful blue eyes. And when he wears blue clothes, it makes their color pop out even more. I love seeing him grow and develop more and more each day. How can you resist loving a cute face like this! Love you Corbin Boy!

No comments: