Oh my goodness! Our June was so busy and full of fun times. Here are some of the fun things we did...
- Went to some birthday parties
- Had dentist appointments (And Leah did exceptionally well, I might add. She sat so well while the hygienist cleaned her teeth and even let the dentist take a look without making any fuss.)
- Ross and I (and Corbin) went to Mia Shalom Girls Camp for bishopric night (We got back home at almost 1:00 am, but we were both glad we decided to spend that time with the girls in our ward.)
- Had BBQ dinners with family
- Spent time with Norma's family
- Went to the library
- The kids and I went to my sister's dance recital and out for dinner and ice cream at Leatherby's while Ross went to "Man of Steel" with my brother-in-law, Jason
- Visited with my aunt Kristine while my uncle Kyle played volleyball in an outdoor tournament
- Went to mutual activities
- Went to the ward camp out (This was Leah's first night sleeping in a tent. She did pretty well considering I wasn't there overnight. I took Corbin home to sleep and came back for breakfast.)
- Ross went to Varsity Scout Camp with the young men in our ward
- Had sleepovers at my parents' house
- Had our house worked on (although this very rarely happened...so frustrating)
And those are just the things that I don't have pictures from!
(And here come the pictures!)
This almost never happens, so I had to get a picture of it. Leah was playing dress up in her princess costume and decided to sit down and watch a movie. She was so tired that she fell asleep sitting in the chair. She usually only takes a nap if I make her sit on my lap.
Ross's cousin, Emily, invited us over one day to play in the sprinklers. Leah had a ball getting wet and playing with Kylie.
When we went to my parents' house to pick up Leah the day after going to Girls Camp, Corbin got to meet his new cousin Taysom for the first time. When we put Leah next to Makynlee for the first time, Leah reached over and touched her the whole time they were laying there. I was curious to see what the boys' reactions would be when placed next to each other. Nothing extra special seemed to happen. Taysom tried to nurse on Corbin's arm and Corbin just looked up at all of us staring at them. But after a little bit, he did put his hand on Taysom's head. It will be interesting to see if the boys (who are exactly 11 weeks apart) turn out to be as close as their sisters (who are exactly 6 weeks apart).
Here's a cute picture of the big sisters each holding their little brother.
A food drive carnival was held in the field behind our church on one of the Saturdays. It was geared mostly for kids. Ross and I really enjoyed visiting with some of the old ward members who had moved out. And Leah's favorite activity was the rock wall. If you know Leah, then you're not surprised to hear that her favorite activity involved climbing. She didn't climb very high, but she climbed over and over again as many times as we would let her.
Father's Day weekend was fun and busy. During this weekend we went to the dance recital/movie, outdoor volleyball tournament, food drive carnival at the church and had Sunday dinner with the Millers. Here's a picture I took of Ross and the kids on Father's Day. I love the picture I got of the two kids together. I've always thought they looked so much alike, but in that picture you can really see it.
One night, we used our "Pass of All Passes" to go to the Bee's baseball game. This was Corbin's first baseball game. By the looks of this picture, it seemed he was having a good time. Leah on the other hand, did OK. But she had a really hard time sitting still.
Our raspberries start coming on by the end of June. We love having raspberries to add to things like salads, cereal, cottage cheese, pancakes, or to just eat plain. Here's a picture of the first berries picked this season.
I love summer evenings in June! The sun shines for so long and the temperature is so pleasant. I would sometimes take the kids outside to get some fresh air in the evenings. Here's Leah playing on a rock near our house. And a picture of her "summer legs." It's harder to tell in this picture, but her poor little legs are all covered in scrapes, scratches and bruises from playing outside.
Ross's niece, Kirsten, has decided to serve a mission. She leaves in September, but decided to go to the temple as soon as she could. So Ross and I were able to join her for her first endowment session. It was special to be able to spend that time in the temple with her. And it is always great for us to be able to be back in the Bountiful temple (especially in June). On one Sunday evening, my extended Tucker family decided to get together at Copperton Park (a park we often visited as a family when I was young). The kids had a ball playing together while the adults visited. I just wish we could have had more time together. Here's a picture of the five babies (all boys) that were born this year. My aunt Susie likes to say that this group of boys was my Grandpa Tucker sending down his own basketball team. We also got a picture of the great-grandkids together. All but six of them were there. When my Grandpa passed away back in 2001, he only had a posterity of 25 people. Since then, his family has more than doubled! We are a blessed bunch!
One of the birthday parties Leah was invited to had a superhero theme. The kids were invited to dress up as their favorite superhero for the party. Leah loves tie a blanket around her neck and pretend to be "Super Leah." So that was her costume for the party. And my wonderful neighbor decided to make superhero masks for Leah and her daughter, Mille. Leah thought that was great! (Leah and Millie are with the birthday boy, Brix, in the picture below.)
Here are some of the "special guests" that came to the birthday party. They made a spectacular entrance and the kids thought they were pretty cool. Although, I don't think Leah even knew who any of these superheroes were. While Ross was away at Varsity Scout Camp, I was home with the kids by myself for one of the nights. Leah was really good and playing by herself while I was getting Corbin ready for bed. Then she came and asked for my camera. So I gave her my phone to take some pictures. When I got my phone back, this is what I saw:
She had lined up her stuffed animals on the stairs and was helping them each get ready for bed. I thought it was so cute, especially that she wanted to take a picture of them. So I took some picture of her with all of her "friends" as she calls them.
While Ross was gone, I also took the kids up to my parents' house to spend a night. My dad got out the sprinklers so the girls could cool off after the record high temperatures we had been having. Leah and Makynlee had a ball playing in the sprinklers with Grandpa. Leah especially enjoyed spraying him and getting him all wet!Here's a couple pictures from Kylie's birthday party. It was SO hot that day! The kids didn't even want to play on the playground. Even just being out in the sun was too hot.
Probably one of the most fun things Leah got to do during June was her tumbling class. It was held at the new recreation center each Monday and Wednesday morning for about an hour. She got to learn all sorts of fun things and each class they got to try something new. The class focused on building confidence, learning new skills, and getting used to taking turns (which was probably the hardest thing for Leah to learn). Some of the things they did included: somersaults, cartwheels, headstands, jumping, swinging from a bar, kicking, throwing, hitting a ball from a tee, balancing, hula hooping and stretching.
And one of the great things about her class was that her cousin, Kylie, just happened to be in it too. Leah really looked forward to seeing Kylie each Monday and Wednesday.At the end of the last class, the teachers gave each of the kids a medal and we all got to applaud them for the great job they did in their tumbling class. I was really glad I signed her up for the class. She learned some fun things and I thought the teachers were great. Hopefully she'll get a chance to take the class again sometime. However, I'm glad for the break. Rushing to get her to class on time and having her misbehave when she had to wait for her turn took a toll on my nerves.
June is probably one of my favorite months of the year. It is the start of summer. School is out. The warm weather has finally arrived. And there are so many fun things to do. I can't believe that June is over already. It seems like it went in the blink of an eye. Here's hoping the rest of the summer is just as fun and busy!


























No comments:
Post a Comment