Saturday, November 16, 2013

While Dad Was Away...

While Ross was away, the kids and I stayed at my parents' house. We did lots of fun things to pass the time while Ross was gone.
 
During the weekdays, my mom and I took care of the four kids (Lyndsee's two kids and my two kids). It was like having two sets of twins to take care of. On Thursday, we loaded up the four kids and went to visit my Grandma and Grandpa Putnam for lunch. It took forever to get out the door with four little ones. And the girls were constantly getting into things at my grandparents' house. But I'm glad we got to spend a little time with them. It's a good thing these two cute boys are such good babies! It helps make up for their rambunctious three-year-old sisters.
Here's a picture of Leah helping her grandpa cook dinner Thursday night. After dinner, I took the girls out to play in the hot tub for a while. When they were done, my dad came out to carry the girls back into the house. He wrapped up Leah in a towel and headed back into the house, but rolled his ankle on a dog toy that was out on the patio and they both tumbled to the ground. My dad tried hard to protect Leah, but she still ended up hitting her face on the pavement and scrapping up her hands as well. She was pretty upset when it happened. She cried all through her bath to get her cleaned up. But overall, she handled it pretty well.
My poor dad felt so bad. He wouldn't admit it that night, but he got hurt pretty bad too. He scrapped up his elbow a bit, but the biggest hurt came the next day when he was so stiff that had a hard time moving. Here's a picture of Leah's scrapes the next day. It took about a week for the sores to go away. But she healed up just fine.
On Friday night I got to enjoy a Tucker girls night out with my sisters, cousins, aunts, and Grandma. We met at a church and had a pot luck dinner and each worked on our own crafts. However, I spent so much time visiting, eating, and feeding Corbin that I didn't spend much time crafting. Oh well, I'll get that project done sometime.

On Saturday, I got to go to the BYU vs Georgia Tech football game. I wasn't sure how to work it with needing to feed Corbin. He won't drink from a bottle and I knew he'd get upset if he went too long without nursing. So I decided to just take him with me. And as it turned out, my cousin ended up getting sick, so he gave his ticket to Leah and she got to go too. This was a first football game for both kids. And they both did great. Corbin slept through a lot of it. So that made him easy to handle. And Leah's such a big BYU fan. She loved the exciting atmosphere. She did get a little bored by the end of the game, but I think the rest of us were getting a little restless too. The weather was great. Overall, I'd say it was as great football experience with two little kids.
Rah, rah. Rah, rah, rah! GO COUGARS!!! It sure didn't hurt that she could go to the game with her Grandpa!
On Sunday, the rest of the family came over to my parents' house so we could have birthday dinner for my dad. Leah was so exhausted by this point that she fell asleep hanging onto my arm at dinner time and was completely zonked out in the chair while her cousins played, ran, and yelled all around her.
Since we had all of the grand kids together we decided to get a picture of all of them for the first time since all the babies were born. What a crazy bunch of kids. But we love them lots! My dad  wanted to get pictures with each of the families of kids too. Here he his with my two little ones.
Much to Leah's dismay, we left Monday night to go back so that she could go to dance lessons Tuesday morning. But right after dance, we went right back to my parents' house to wait for Ross to fly in that afternoon. Here's another picture of the four kids playing together. I call this double trouble times 2!
It was so nice to have extra hands to help out with the kids while Ross was gone. And Leah, who can never get enough of staying at Grandpa's house, had so much fun she didn't want to go back home. For her spending almost a week at her Grandpa's house is the vacation of a lifetime. But it was so nice to have all of our little family back together again and to be back at our own house. Vacations are fun, but all good things must come to an end.

No comments: