May was such a fun month! The weather was great and we did so many fun things. I would do it again, if I had the chance.
We started off the month with Leah's dance pictures. They turned out so cute. And I love seeing these three girls dance and have fun together.
I love it when this little guy falls asleep in his high chair. Worn out little boy!We saw this giant Olaf at a local store. Leah thought it was so cool.
Leah often likes me to put an "Elsa braid" in her hair, which means one french braid down the back. One day I convinced her to let me do her hair like Elsa's before she runs away. I thought it turned out pretty cute.
This little boy has turned into quite a climber. I thought Leah was bad about climbing everything. But I daresay that Corbin is turning out to be much worse. I never know what I'm going to find him climbed up to.
Leah wanted her picture taken with her daddy one day. What a couple of cheesy grins.
Corbin loves pushing Leah's stroller around. One day he was thirsty, but still wanted to play with the stroller. This was his solution. He played around for quite a while like this, pushing the stroller while he held onto his drink with his teeth.
I took the kids out to play one evening while Ross was at mutual and got some cute pictures of them playing.
We were at my parents' house one night for Taysom's first birthday party. So I took some pictures of the kids with their cousins. These three are the "babies." They are all 1 year old.
Taysom and Corbin are exactly 11 weeks apart. However, so far they don't get along anywhere near as well as their older sisters do. Leah and Makynlee seemed to be best friends from day one. I don't know if it is because they are boys or what, but these two just fight when they are together.Here are the "big girls." Such cheesy grins! I tried to get the 4 older boys to get a picture together too. But they were not interested at all.
Here are some more of the birthday gifts I made for my nieces and nephews.
Corbin has decided that he is big enough to feed himself now. It is nice to have him feed himself, but much messier!
I took the kids to the store one day after tumbling class. I guess the kids were more tired than I thought. Not long into the trip, Leah curled up in the cart and fell asleep. Then Corbin got fussy, so I picked him up and let him lay his head on my shoulder. It didn't take long before he was asleep too. It sure made the rest of the shopping trip a lot easier and it brought a lot of smiles to the other people in the store who were amused by two sleeping kids in a cart. My kids can sleep anywhere. I love it!Leah playing with my sunglasses.
Leah had been asking a lot to go mini golfing. So one evening we took the kids and went. Leah had a ball and spent the whole time at least one hole ahead of us (usually more). And Corbin had fun chasing our balls and throwing them off the course. Ross and I just went along with it and enjoyed watching our kids have a good time. It was a good thing we weren't worried about keeping score. Fortunately there weren't many other people there for us to bother.
On Memorial Day, we went to the Bee's game with Ross's mom and his brother, Don's, family. Here's Leah enjoying her free hot dog! And Corbin did great as long as we kept the snacks coming.After the game we went to Ross's sister, Norma's house for dinner. We roasted hot dogs over the fire and had s'mores for dessert. Corbin really enjoyed his food and was a huge mess afterward.
After Leah's party with her friends, there was a lot of colored water left over from the melted ice. So I let the kids play with it on the back porch. They had a ball! I was amazed at how long this kept them entertained. I think this will be a common activity for them this summer.
Here's Leah with one of her birthday presents. This was from her friend, Millie, who knows how much Leah loves puzzles and Queen Elsa. This was a perfect gift for her.
Leah has really loved riding her bike this year. And her confidence is so much better now. She zooms around on it like a pro. Here she is taking Kermit for a ride!Corbin is fascinated with Leah's bike and wants so bad to ride it too. So while she's riding her bike, I sometimes bring out the stroller for Corbin to push around. This keeps his mind off of trying to chase down Leah while she's on her bike. He loves playing with this stroller.
Here's one of Leah's favorite birthday gifts. These FROZEN pajamas came from her friend, Aria, from her preschool class. Aria's parents are also Leah's Sunbeam teachers. She loves these pajamas and will wear them several nights in a row until they are too dirty to wear again.
More of Corbin trying to feed himself. I guess he wanted to get every last drop.
Before the school year was over, I took the kids for one last day of "Mommy and Me" time at Jump On It. Leah loves jumping on all the trampolines and Corbin loves playing with all the balls.
I took Leah for her annual doctor check-up. She was really worried about getting a shot. So I told her that I would let it be up to her. She could get a shot this time and get it over with. But if she decided to wait, she would have to get one next year for sure. She decided to be brave and get it over with this time. She did get a little nervous and wanted to change her mind before they gave it to her. But I told her it was too late, she couldn't change her mind after they had already got the shots ready. She cried a little bit during the shots, but was quick over it. I was so proud of her. Here she is showing off one of her band-aids.Corbin's first ride in the car cart at Macey's. He loved being down there with Leah.
Playing with water again out on the back porch.
May was a very full, but very fun month. Too bad it can't be like May all year round.






























1 comment:
That picture of Leah sleeping in the cart is hilarious!!
Post a Comment