Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A Visit with the Prices & Kynee Turns 2

If I thought that our June was busy, then I obviously didn't see July coming! Life with the Leslies has been pretty non-stop lately.

The weekend right after the 4th of July we had a few things going on. One of those was a visit with the Prices, who were in town from San Jose. Leah and I got to visit with them on the 3rd when my sister gave their whole family haircuts. But we decided to get together again when Ross could visit too.

So on Friday we met up with them to have lunch at Zupas and to go watch the new movie "Brave." The lunch, of course, was delicious. And we all enjoyed the movie. Even Leah was good to just sit and watch it during the little bit that she stayed awake. Afterwards, we went to Brian's parents' house so we could visit some more and play with Baby Seth. We even Skyped with Lesley's parents who are serving a mission in the Nauvoo Temple. It was nice to get to visit with them too.

Before we left, we tried to get a few pictures of the kids together. They weren't real excited about stopping to take pictures, but we still got a few cute ones. Here's the kids sitting on the stairs. I like the second one because it looks like Hannah and Leah are sharing a secret behind the pillow!
Seth is getting so big! He's such a cutie and I love kissing those chubby cheeks!
This is about the best shot we could get of our two families together. I really miss having my best friend, Lesley, around. But at least we are able to chat on the phone a lot and still get to see each other twice a year or so. I keep hoping that one day they will move back here for good. I know they want to, it just better be sooner rather than later.
On Saturday, we celebrated my niece, Makynlee's, 2nd birthday. She had a "Tangled" pool party. My aunt and uncle have a pool in their backyard where we love to swim and they were nice enough to let Kynee have her party there. I wasn't sure how much Leah would like it, but she had a ball and even stayed in the water longer than any of the other little kids. Here she is having a grand time with Kynee, Aunt MoMo and Aunt Lyndsee.
After swimming, we went to my parents' Stake property to have cake and ice cream and open presents. Here's sweet Kynee blowing out her "2" candle.
Leah of course had to watch Disney shows on MoMo's phone while she ate her cake and ice cream.
After it got dark, we lit hot air lanterns and sent them up into the sky like they do in "Tangled." It was really cool watching them float up into the sky. But we all watched anxiously to see if they would blow out before they sunk down to the ground. (Don't worry, they all burnt out before they had a chance to start any fires.)
While we were lighting lanterns, Lyndsee and Jason's friend, Dave, and his sister sang "I See the Light" (the song played in the movie when the whole town releases the floating lanterns). Here's a picture of them singing (sorry it's such a poor picture-it's hard to get good pictures in the dark) and a picture of Kynee dancing while they are singing (she loves dancing).
One other great thing about the party was that my grandparents were able to come too. Here's a picture of Grandma and Grandpa Putnam (on the right) and Grandma Tucker and Walt (sitting on the left).
So that gets us through the first week of July. Stay tuned if you want to read more about the Leslies' busy July adventures.

1 comment:

Cindy Anderson said...

I love the picture of Leah and Lesley's little girl. They both look so much like their mommas! :)