(photo from PurpleTrail.com)
This week some of my friends from the ward were kind enough to throw me a baby shower. And I could just kick myself because I didn't get any pictures! I even got my camera charged and ready and then forgot totally about it! Argh! It makes me so upset, but there isn't anything I can do about it now.
I love the invitation that Bonnie emailed out to the guests! They did a sports theme and I love how it turned out. For refreshments they did a nacho bar. They also had water bottles with balls on the labels and Gatorade packets that you could pour in them, caramel popcorn, little oranges that looked like basketballs, and my favorite, chocolate chip cookie dough balls dipped in white chocolate and decorated to look like baseballs (so yummy!). This picture doesn't do anything they did justice, but I wanted to snap a picture of a few of the left over snack stuff.
The guest turn-out wasn't as good as I had hoped, but it was pretty good considering it was a busy Tuesday night. I was really glad for those who were able to come. I was especially happy that the Hill sisters who had recently moved out of the ward were able to come. I was so excited to see them again.
It was nice to get a few things we need for our little guy. It will be fun to dress him in the fun outfits he got. We still need to get some more things before he gets here, but every little bit helps!
Just for fun I decided to include the game that we played at the shower. My friend, Bonnie, sent these questions to Ross to answer. Then at the shower the guests asked me the questions and I had to try to guess what Ross's answers were. (Ross's answers are in bold.)
1. How many diapers does a baby go through in a year? 1500 diapers (I guessed about 2000. The real answer is about 2200.)
2. What is the first sense a baby gets? touch (I guessed sight, but the real answer is hearing.)
3. When does a baby develop knee caps? 6 months (Can you believe they don't develop until they are 3 years old.)
4. A newborn knows its mom’s voice right away, how long does it take for a baby to recognize a father’s voice? 3 days (I thought it would be about a week, but its actually about 3 weeks.)
5. Which of you two is the disciplinarian and which is the softie? Cyleste is the disciplinarian and I’m more the softie. (This is true!)
6. What age does a child stop needing naps? 4 years (We both got this one right. So I can keep making Leah take naps for another year, right?)
7. What’s been the most exciting part of this pregnancy? I feel more at ease this time around with the pregnancy process. (I thought he'd say he was excited to have a boy this time.)
8. What’s been the most stressful part of this pregnancy? I don’t feel prepared yet for another baby. (If I were him, I would have said "dealing with a cranky wife who is low on patience" but he's much more kind than I am.)
9. What was the first word that came out of your mouth when you found out Cyleste was pregnant? Wow! (As I remember it, this was a very subdued "wow" kind of like "oh wow, here we go.")
10. What is one word that would describe Cyleste’s mood while being pregnant? Content (Once again he is too kind. I guessed that he would have said "cranky.")
11. What are you most looking forward to about having a son? We can go to ball games or play ball together. (I got this one right.)
12. What is Cyleste most looking forward to about having a son? She’s hoping our boy will be calmer than Leah. (This is true, but I thought he would have said enjoying sports with him.)
13. What are you most afraid of having son? Will we have to do scouts? (I got this one right too.)
14. If your son could grow up to become any profession in the world, what would you like it to be? I want him to be a great handyman just like his dad. (This answer made me laugh because Ross is not much of a handyman. He was obviously being sarcastic when he answered this one.)
15. What is the most important thing you want to teach your son? Prepare yourself to serve God and others. (This sounds like a Ross answer so I got it right, more or less.)
16. What is Cyleste’s favorite (pregnancy) food craving? cheesecake (This was hard for me because I don't really have cravings when I'm pregnant. Although with this one I have wanted to eat chicken more which is weird because I don't typically like chicken. But he's right, I have craved sweet things more because I can't eat much of them and cheesecake is definitely a favorite.)
17. Which grandparent will spoil your baby the most? I think Cyleste’s parents will spoil the baby most at first, and then my mom will try to catch up when she returns from a mission. (True statement!)
18. Which memory from growing up do you hope to recreate with your child? Playing games together and going to games. (I got this one right also.)
19. On a scale of 1-10 how prepared do you feel for the baby’s arrival (10 = most prepared)? Three (This was insightful because I thought he would have said 7. I guess we have more preparing to do than I thought.)
Just for fun I decided to include the game that we played at the shower. My friend, Bonnie, sent these questions to Ross to answer. Then at the shower the guests asked me the questions and I had to try to guess what Ross's answers were. (Ross's answers are in bold.)
1. How many diapers does a baby go through in a year? 1500 diapers (I guessed about 2000. The real answer is about 2200.)
2. What is the first sense a baby gets? touch (I guessed sight, but the real answer is hearing.)
3. When does a baby develop knee caps? 6 months (Can you believe they don't develop until they are 3 years old.)
4. A newborn knows its mom’s voice right away, how long does it take for a baby to recognize a father’s voice? 3 days (I thought it would be about a week, but its actually about 3 weeks.)
5. Which of you two is the disciplinarian and which is the softie? Cyleste is the disciplinarian and I’m more the softie. (This is true!)
6. What age does a child stop needing naps? 4 years (We both got this one right. So I can keep making Leah take naps for another year, right?)
7. What’s been the most exciting part of this pregnancy? I feel more at ease this time around with the pregnancy process. (I thought he'd say he was excited to have a boy this time.)
8. What’s been the most stressful part of this pregnancy? I don’t feel prepared yet for another baby. (If I were him, I would have said "dealing with a cranky wife who is low on patience" but he's much more kind than I am.)
9. What was the first word that came out of your mouth when you found out Cyleste was pregnant? Wow! (As I remember it, this was a very subdued "wow" kind of like "oh wow, here we go.")
10. What is one word that would describe Cyleste’s mood while being pregnant? Content (Once again he is too kind. I guessed that he would have said "cranky.")
11. What are you most looking forward to about having a son? We can go to ball games or play ball together. (I got this one right.)
12. What is Cyleste most looking forward to about having a son? She’s hoping our boy will be calmer than Leah. (This is true, but I thought he would have said enjoying sports with him.)
13. What are you most afraid of having son? Will we have to do scouts? (I got this one right too.)
14. If your son could grow up to become any profession in the world, what would you like it to be? I want him to be a great handyman just like his dad. (This answer made me laugh because Ross is not much of a handyman. He was obviously being sarcastic when he answered this one.)
15. What is the most important thing you want to teach your son? Prepare yourself to serve God and others. (This sounds like a Ross answer so I got it right, more or less.)
16. What is Cyleste’s favorite (pregnancy) food craving? cheesecake (This was hard for me because I don't really have cravings when I'm pregnant. Although with this one I have wanted to eat chicken more which is weird because I don't typically like chicken. But he's right, I have craved sweet things more because I can't eat much of them and cheesecake is definitely a favorite.)
17. Which grandparent will spoil your baby the most? I think Cyleste’s parents will spoil the baby most at first, and then my mom will try to catch up when she returns from a mission. (True statement!)
18. Which memory from growing up do you hope to recreate with your child? Playing games together and going to games. (I got this one right also.)
19. On a scale of 1-10 how prepared do you feel for the baby’s arrival (10 = most prepared)? Three (This was insightful because I thought he would have said 7. I guess we have more preparing to do than I thought.)

2 comments:
Can't wait to see your little guy!!!
It was so much fun! And just in the nick of time too! Congratulations!
Post a Comment