I'm getting really behind on my posts again. But I wanted to throw in this quick post about Leah.
She started preschool at the beginning of September and LOVES it. She goes on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons. She has a great teacher, Ms. Nikki, who is great with her students. She is full of energy and loves every one of the kids. Leah had one good friend, McKay, that she knew when she started preschool. Even though McKay is still her favorite friend there, she is making a lot more friends and loves being able to play with them twice a week.
Here's a couple pictures of her on her first day of school. She was so excited to finally be going.
Leah also started up dance lessons again at the beginning of September. She was quite nervous the first week because she didn't know her new teacher. So I made sure she had a chance to meet her teacher one-on-one after the class was over and she has since done just great each week. Her friend, Millie, and her cousin, Kylie, are in her class again. So she also loves being with them each week. Leah as great natural dancing skills. Her new teacher, Ms. Emily, was quick to notice this and suggested she be in the competition class. But I'm not interested in having Leah do competitive dance. At this age, I'd rather her just have fun and enjoy dancing with her friends.
Leah keeps us on our toes. She's very physical and really enjoys running around, climbing the furniture and also jumping off of it (even though she always gets in trouble for it). She loves to play with friends and asks almost everyday if someone can come over and play.
Leah is a great big sister! She loves Corbin so much. And is usually really good about letting Corbin play with her. They have so much fun together. She loves it when she can get him to chase her all over the house. It really is a blessing that they get along so well. She also likes it when I let her take care of him while I get something done in another room. I think she mostly likes the idea of thinking that she's in charge, even if it just for a few minutes. There have been lots of times that she'll take him up to her room and close the door so he can't leave and they will just play together for a while. It's kind of nice that she loves being with him so much.Lately Leah seems to love playing with my camera whenever she gets a chance. Here are just some fun candid shots of her posing for the camera.
Leah also likes to take "selfies" when she is playing with my camera. I just have traditional digital cameras, so she has to hold the camera out and snap a shot without knowing exactly what the picture will look like. When I was downloading some pictures recently, I found these little gems. I thought they were too cute and funny not to include on her post.
We love our Leah so much! What would we ever do without her.
No comments:
Post a Comment