Thursday, February 18, 2016

Leah's Dance Recital

A couple days after her graduation, Leah had her end of year dance recital. Leah had a lot of fun with dance this year. Millie and Kylie were in her class again. She always loves being with those two girls!
Leah had a great teacher this year. Her name is Emily and I thought she was so fun and did a great job with the girls. They did a ballet dance to the "Mortal Combat" theme song, which at first I thought was kind of odd, but she had them pretend to dance like little ninjas and it turned out really fun. They also did a tap dance to the theme from "Pirates of the Caribbean" where they danced with pretend swords. The choreography for both dances was really fun, and the girls did a great job dancing.
Leah loved that Makynlee and McKay were among the fans who came to see her dance!
Grandma Leslie and Jackson came too!
I love this picture of Leah and my parents. Leah's reaction to my Dad's antics is classic! I can just hear her saying "Grandpa!" She looks totally embarrassed. So funny!
Of course Aunt MoMo was there too!

Afterwards some of us went to Del Taco for lunch (Leah's choice). The kids loved playing on the playground. Here they are playing in a make-shift train they built.
I love watching Leah dance. She is a natural at it and genuinely seems to be having so much fun. I hope she keeps it up and really develops her talent.

No comments: