Monday, March 20, 2017

October 2015

October is always full of lots of fun activities, and this October for us was no exception. 

At the beginning of October, the elementary school Ross is assigned to had a party for their staff and spouses. They did a pirate themed murder mystery dinner. We all dressed up as pirates and were assigned a character to play. Then after eating we mingled about asking other characters questions to try to solve the mystery. Dressing up like a pirate is always fun. And the staff at this school is great. So it made for a nice little date night. 
 
This cute little buccaneer got to join us for the evening since she was still nursing at the time. But she's a pretty chill baby, so having her there wasn't a problem at all.
 
Not long after that we decided it was time for Paige to start eating baby food. Here she is trying her first bites. She seemed pretty interested and somewhat enjoyed it. But not long after this experience she decided that she didn't much like being spoon fed. She would fuss just about any time we tried to feed her. It turns out that she preferred to eat things that she could put in her mouth herself.
 
When Corbin was younger he got to a point where he refused to sit in the high chair any more. But when we got out the chair for Paige to start using he suddenly showed renewed interest and kept climbing into it. Silly boy!

Look at this little cutie discovering the joy of playing in a box!
Here we are outside enjoying some late afternoon sunshine. These two are so cute together.
 
 
 
 
Leah's elementary school does a fun run fundraiser in the fall where they run a course that goes all the way around the school grounds (the older kids do two laps). Leah was so excited to participate and wanted me to come watch her. I snapped this picture of her as she ran by (she's the smallest one in pink).
 
We had a ward activity one Friday evening. The kids especially loved running around and playing with the Manuele kids, so I got this picture of them together. They have a little boy Paige's age, but I'm sure he was with his mom at the time.

BYU decided to honor some local teachers at one of their football games, so Ross was given two tickets to the game. We have always had season football tickets the whole time we've been married. But since having kids we have limited it to one ticket and have taken turns going to the games so that one of us could watch the kids. So it was fun to get to go to a game together again. Paige got to join us too for her first BYU football game. It was a beautiful fall day and the weather was perfect for a football game.
 
I have always loved going to the football games (I had season tickets for years before I even met Ross). The excitement of being there with the crowd is one of my favorite parts. I snapped these pictures between the third and fourth quarters when Cosmo and the cheerleaders were out getting the crowd pumped up. I think this was the first year that they used these big flags to wave over the student section.
 
This particular game was against East Carolina and BYU won 45-38. Games are always more fun when BYU wins! They also gave us T-shirts along with our tickets. You can never have too many BYU T-shirts, right? Okay, maybe that's just me.
 
 
Here's a cute picture of Paige hanging out in the Exersaucer. This was such a great investment. All of our babies have loved the independence they feel being able to play in this thing.
 
I took the two little ones to the park for one of Corbin's Early Intervention activities and when we got home, I opened the back of the van to see Corbin looking like this. He didn't tell me that he had a bloody nose, so he had it all over him by the time we got home. Poor guy!

Another one of our favorite fall activities (at least for me and Leah) is going to the Witches Night Out with some of the girls in my family. We put on our witch hats and go hang out and enjoy some of the activities at Gardner Village. 
Leah and Makynlee loved dancing around on this stage for the longest time.
  
Some of our neighbors decided to visit a local pumpkin patch, so I decided to take the kids and join them. Although I've realized that I don't have any pictures of us with any of our neighbors. Oh well. I loved watching Leah and Corbin on this giant pile of hay bales. Corbin was determined to climb like Leah, but she had to help him out a lot. But getting down was even harder than going up, and I got some pictures of Leah helping Corbin to get down. I love it when I get to see them cooperating and helping each other out. 
 
 
 
Before leaving, we made sure we got a ride on the hay ride. The line to wait for our turn was really long. So by the time we got to ride, we were all pretty tired and ready to get out of the sun.

Paige and I got to go to another football game later in the month. This time we were in our normal seats, so during half time I took her over to visit with the Turners. As it turned out, Mylee, who is just weeks younger than Paige was there. So I tried to get a picture of them together. It wasn't easy. Both babies were squirmy and this is the best I could get. Mylee is Danaka's daughter and Greg's granddaughter. 
Leah's current favorite movie is Inside Out, so it was no surprise that she wanted to be Joy for Halloween. But Joy costumes are hard to come by, so I decided to find a dress pattern and attempt to make her a costume. This was my first time finding and using a pattern all by myself. I'm not a great seamstress (although many of my relatives are very good at it, including my mom), but I was pretty proud of myself for figuring it out and having it turn out so well. I actually enjoy sewing and wish that I was better at it. Maybe I can develop this skill later on. 
My sister Melyssa recently bought her own town home and decided that she wanted to have all her nieces and nephews over for a Halloween party (brave girl). We dropped the older kids off and went out for dinner. I'm sure it was pure chaos while the parents were gone, but the kids did have a fun time. All the kids love their Aunt Momo. 
Leah had crazy hair day at school. I couldn't get her to do anything too crazy, so this was about all she would let me do.  
On October 30th, Paige turned 7 months old. She is such a happy baby and so fun to have in our family.  

No comments: